Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    So... Kaiser sucks almost as much as Stamina? Got it.
    I won’t speak for ‘09, but what the hell does that even mean? Kaiser has my full support! Period.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Kaiser is an awesome young man looking to find his stroke and maybe some confidence. Any comments beyond that are misguided and out of bounds. Peak in March!
    This!
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I won’t speak for ‘09, but what the hell does that even mean? Kaiser has my full support! Period.
    Good for you. And it means some of you need to take a chill pill. I’ll never understand why those of you who are so easily offended come on to fan message boards. Is it simply because you need a platform to affirm each other as loudly as possible?

Freshman
    Naji seems as good as Gates on D at this point of the season. Naji is more explosive offensively. Gates has become more of a role player - meaning less minutes. It is a long season & the chips could turn again. Players go thru ups & downs in their mental games. We may, or may not, see more of Kaiser down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Good for you. And it means some of you need to take a chill pill. I’ll never understand why those of you who are so easily offended come on to fan message boards. Is it simply because you need a platform to affirm each other as loudly as possible?
    If want to act high and mighty, maybe start with making posts that make sense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It seems like we have this discussion about some shooter every year. Dante, Redford, JMart etc.

Last year I said Kaiser should have tried to develop an inside game. Partly because a 2-dimensional game is usually better than one, but primarily because our depth in the post was not what it is this year. I would still contend that he could have been effective inside, but its a moot point now. We don't need a maybe-effective post player taking touches or minutes from Jones, O'Mara or Kanter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It seems like we have this discussion about some shooter every year. Dante, Redford, JMart etc.

Last year I said Kaiser should have tried to develop an inside game. Partly because a 2-dimensional game is usually better than one, but primarily because our depth in the post was not what it is this year. I would still contend that he could have been effective inside, but its a moot point now. We don't need a maybe-effective post player taking touches or minutes from Jones, O'Mara or Kanter.
    According to some on here... most of which have probably never scored a point in anything in their life... just having one aspect to your game is better than 2. Makes sense right??? Lol

Now back on point. XUFAN09 do me a favor. Find me even one other player who is 6'8" or taller who takes 82% of their shots from behind the arc. Just one. You find that player post his stats and I will stand corrected, drop the subject, publicly say your right and self ban myself the rest of this season.

If you find that player I will be surprised. If that player even exists then it wont be more than 1. Do you know why those players with that height dont have a shot distribution that bad?

It's because no player is selfish enough to not develop any semblance of a post game at that height. He either has zero post game or refuses to do it. If your 6'9" you have some ability to play inside... or at least some desire to do so. He is a rare player. Superior height but allergic to the hardwood inside the arc. He does not need to make his bread and butter inside but it should at least be a threat every now and then. I dont know why that offends you so bad, but CAF is right... having 2 aspects to your game is better than 1. Kaiser needs something to go to if the three isnt falling. If you don't get that then your hopeless.
    Last edited by stammina0721; 02-20-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Now back on point. XUFAN09 do me a favor. Find me even one other player who is 6'8" or taller who takes 82% of their shots from behind the arc. Just one. You find that player post his stats and I will stand corrected, drop the subject, publicly say your right and self ban myself the rest of this season.
    Please find that player.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    According to some on here... most of which have probably never scored a point in anything in their life... just having one aspect to your game is better than 2. Makes sense right??? Lol

If you find that player I will be surprised. If that player even exists then it wont be more than 1. Do you know why those players with that height dont have a shot distribution that bad?

It's because no player is selfish enough to not develop any semblance of a post game at that height. He either has zero post game or refuses to do it. If your 6'9" you have some ability to play inside... or at least some desire to do so. He is a rare player. Superior height but allergic to the hardwood inside the arc. He does not need to make his bread and butter inside but it should at least be a threat every now and then. I dont know why that offends you so bad, but CAF is right... having 2 aspects to your game is better than 1. Kaiser needs something to go to if the three isnt falling. If you don't get that then your hopeless.
    Ethan Wragge comes to mind. See you next season.

Hey stammina0721(aka nasdadjr who is banned), You realize that Kaiser is playing the EXACT role that Chris and the coaching staff want him to play!!!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens