Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Steph Curry broke basketball last year. He's not a top 5 player?
    Legit, yeah. He's somewhere around 4-7 I'd say and like someone else aready said.

David Freakin' West

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Yeah, I have trouble accepting that such a diminutive player can be in the top 10 or even the top 20. But I guess that's how he "broke" basketball.
    Diminutive? The guy is a bit skinny, but he's still 6'3", which is just over average height for an NBA point guard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If they could get Anthony Davis, it would be interesting.
    Yes, it would.

Warriors’ David West says taking less money was worth it to win a title

What do you think about people who have ridiculed you for taking a smaller salary than was offered to stay with the Indiana Pacers in hopes of winning a title with the San Antonio Spurs and Warriors?
    That s— don’t matter. You put material wealth or material riches over things that will change you as a human being. And at the end of the day, we’re human beings. Everyone is caught up in this material world and the things and the things and the things. The Egyptians couldn’t take those things with them. You can’t take it with you.

So, you need moments that later in life that no amount of money will overvalue it. Taking that money in Indiana wouldn’t feel like this. I’m just telling you. It wouldn’t. It’s not even close. With my background from where I’m coming from, I tell people all the time about my story. Nobody really knows it fully, but it’s the truth, man.

I’m not supposed to be here. Everybody was supposed to be better than David West. Fourteen years, man.

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Warriors’ David West says taking less money was worth it to win a title

What do you think about people who have ridiculed you for taking a smaller salary than was offered to stay with the Indiana Pacers in hopes of winning a title with the San Antonio Spurs and Warriors?
    I for one didn't ridicule him for taking less.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Me either. He lived the All-Star years, had the great numbers, and now he wanted to be part of a team that could win it all. Totally get it. I bet Patrick Ewing looks back and wonders if he should have made such a move......
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Ditto. And yeah, I thought the question phrasing was a little... off. Even the people criticizing him were really just on about the whole "ring chasing" aspect (and taking less money was just incidental to that). Of course, I don't understand anyone giving him a hard time for "ring chasing" either. Durant, I can at least understand--he's still in his prime, and the team he left had the Warriors on the ropes last year in the playoffs. Even still, dude got his, and it's all within the rules, so can you really blame him?

As for DFW, I guess I couldn't really care less about the idea of "ring chasing." The man paid his dues, and had a nice career. I guess I view it sort of like some of the partners at my office. Sure, many of them are still out there grinding, but some of them have already done that and now live pretty cushy lives, doing just enough work and raking in the dough off of annuity clients. Will they make as much as the true rainmakers? No, but they can enjoy things outside the office with more ease. Similarly, D West already put in work for years, and was part of some good teams. Now, an opportunity comes up to join the ride with arguably the greatest team ever assembled and experience what it's like to be an NBA champion? Shoot, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    If they could get Anthony Davis, it would be interesting.
    He's as untouchable as there is... ironically he could have been a Cavalier if the Cavs had not won the tiebreaker coin flip with New Orleans before the draft lottery. Instead the Cavs drafted 4th and took Dion Waiters.