Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Sonoran Desert Muskie;652173I caddied several times for Tay Baker at Clovernook Country Club, probably around 1975-76. Tay was a pretty good golfer, maybe single digit handicap.[/QUOTE]

I was a member at Clovernook from 75-76 until the recession in 2013. You might have caddied for me. Small world. Tay was definitely a single digit handicap. He won the club championship one year in the late 70s or early 80s. I played in “the Baker Group” (anywhere from 12-20 guys) that teed off every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 9:00 for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I was at that Marquette game. It was a beer can that got thrown on the court. It was actually a close game until Marquette pulled away at the end. McGuire ran the score up, as he was pressing up by more than 15 points with less than 2 minutes to go. I think Marty Wolf was lead scorer for X with about 12 points.
    I’m pretty sure I was at that game! I don’t remember the beer being thrown, but I’ll never forget the MU cheerleader named Dawn. Telling of where MY mind was those days! I wonder if she’s still thinking of me???

I’m
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’m pretty sure I was at that game! I don’t remember the beer being thrown, but I’ll never forget the MU cheerleader named Dawn. Telling of where MY mind was those days! I wonder if she’s still thinking of me???
    Oh, absolutely. No doubt about it. Probably quietly checking you out on Facebook.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I’m

Oh, absolutely. No doubt about it. Probably quietly checking you out on Facebook.
    She had Steffi Graf legs, and I was working or my John Belushi gut! We would have had beautiful babies!

Or at least would have had a great time trying!

She had Steffi Graf legs, and I was working or my John Belushi gut! We would have had beautiful babies!

Or at least would have had a great time trying!
    Hello my lovely. Why don’t you skip the bus and come with me back to my penthouse suite in Le Brockman Estates, where I shall give you chilled MD20/20 and make love all over you!
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Hello my lovely. Why don’t you skip the bus and come with me back to my penthouse suite in Le Brockman Estates, where I shall give you chilled MD20/20 and make love all over you!
    That might have worked, had I not been on the first floor (but ABOVE the basement dwellers) and I had actually been able to form a word in her breathtaking presence. Good chance she’s 250# and a world class bitch. Life unfolds as it’s meant to. I’ll trust that. No complaints here!

But damn!

Walk-On
    I think her name was Fawn, not Dawn. I heard, sadly, that she lost her life shortly before graduation in a kiln explosion.

You guys know a lot about an opposing school's cheerleaders. Were there no women at XU at the time?

Apparently men's basketball played 1 game in 1919. Is this disputed as the official beginning? If not, Just curious as to why there is no hoopla.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club