Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    Visiting X this weekend via Evan Daniels on twitter
    Sure sounds like Coach Mack is going for a All-NY/NJ metro backcourt.

Sophomore

Myles Davis

ESPN is listing Xavier among the leading contenders for Myles Davis, a 6'1" shooting guard, out of Jersey City, NJ, who plays for Notre Dame Prep in Massachusetts. He also lists Villanova, Pitt, and Georgetown as top contenders.

I'm not sure why he was given a front page story on ESPN College Basketball page when he's only listed as a 2-star recruit. Maybe he's blown up this year?

"It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    ESPN is listing Xavier among the leading contenders for Myles Davis, a 6'1" shooting guard, out of Jersey City, NJ, who plays for Notre Dame Prep in Massachusetts. He also lists Villanova, Pitt, and Georgetown as top contenders.

I'm not sure why he was given a front page story on ESPN College Basketball page when he's only listed as a 2-star recruit. Maybe he's blown up this year?
    I wouldn't think too much into that rating. With ESPN, higher-graded two-star is code for "He looks decent but we haven't put much time into scouting him." Rivals and Scout (who have more scouting resources) rank him as #24 (#111 overall) and #23 respectively at his position, versus ESPN's ranking of #41. That's a huge discrepancy, so I'll give more respect to what two of the three say instead of one of the three (especially since he's performed well at top-AAU events likes EYBL).

http://www.therecruitscoop.com/myles...t-four-schools

When Myles Davis made the move to reclassify and transfer out of St. Peter’s Prep, his life would change forever. He ended up in Fitchburg, Massachusetts at Notre Dame Prep with the likes of Khem Birch, Angel Nunez, Sam Cassell and Ricardo Ledo.
    A 6-foot-2 shooting guard from Notre Dame Prep (MA), Davis has paid his dues and is excelling on the AAU circuit this summer with the New Jersey Playaz. “I decided to prep at Notre Dame Prep for maturity reasons,” he stated. “I had to put myself in a good position because right now I’m in a great opportunity and I cannot have that taken away from me.” At first, it was difficult because he couldn’t go anywhere or have much of a social life like he could when he was a Plainfield, New Jersey resident. “I just got used to it though,” he said. “It’s going to make me the best player possible and now I have the opportunity to keep myself in shape.”
    As he plays along with some of the top talent, Notre Dame Prep features two of the best scorers in the country, Davis and Ricardo Ledo. “Rick creates for himself, while I feed him,” Davis stated. “It goes viceversa, as well, depending on whoever is hot that game.” Along with those two, Davis loves the game of Sam Cassell Jr at the point.
    Davis is a pure shooter with range. He is a leader and a real team player as he knows how to pass the pass, too. He led his talented team to a championship at Hoop Group Elite Camp. Davis’ shot can either be on or off but for the most part he finds a way to score; someway, somehow. Despite lacking some athleticism and handle, Davis’ main focus is the conditioning and maturity that he needs to know for college. “I had to know what I could and could not eat as an athlete,” he said. “It was all about maturity and I needed to learn my limits.”
    Currently, Davis has four offers, along with a list of four. “I’m down to Xavier, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and West Virginia,” he stated. “West Virginia just offered a few weeks ago.” As Davis has visited every school outside of West Virginia, he will try to make it out to the campus when he is free. However, a decision could come very soon. “I may make my college decision by the end of the month of sometime in August,” he said.
    As Xavier and Pittsburgh are fighting it out, neck and neck, Georgetown could be the dark-horse. “They were always my dream school growing up,” he said. “Xavier is recruiting me the hardest, though.” As Chris Mack and Rasheen Davis have recruited Davis the hardest, Pittsburgh’s duo of Jamie Dixon and Davis’ cousin, Brandon Knight, are very close to landing him, as well. “Brandon makes Pitt more of a home because I know he will take care of me,” Davis said at Hoop Group Elite camp. “He is a brother figure and has the best interest in mind for me.”
    While he hopes to play with a big man, find a place like home and go to a winning program, the fourt schools all have a good shot. However, two potential package deals could be in the works. “I don’t have anything setup but my AAU teammate Kyle Anderson and I could go to Georgetown or my former high school teammate Khem Birch and I could go to Pitt,” he said.
    As Davis looks to commit very soon, there is no doubt that his maturity level has gone up. After losing weight, going on the right diet and adding more dimensions to his game besides his shot, it is evident that this star is ready for the big time college setting.
    Live Action

Update on Myles

http://eye-on-college-basketball-rec...84776/30594548

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. – Outside of simply reaching the title game, Myles Davis has another motive for helping lead the NJ Playaz to the Peach Jam finals.

“If we make it to the championship, I’m going to announce my commitment live on TV,” Davis said.

The finals will be televised on Friday at 7:30, on ESPNU. With the Playaz going 11-4 during the Elite Youth Basketball League regular season, and winning their first game of the Peach Jam, it’s not far-fetched they could make a run to the title game.

Davis, a 6-foot-1 combo guard from Notre Dame Prep (Mass.), has trimmed his list to four schools: Xavier, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

The Mountaineers jumped into Davis’ recruitment late, but they are squarely in the mix for his services. “They’re a new one for me, but they’re a big program,” he said.

Davis has a family connection to Pittsburgh, which has helped the Panthers.

“I know a lot about their program because my cousin is [assistant coach] Brandon Knight,” he said.

As for Xavier, Davis likes nearly everything about the program and its campus. “I think I could do a lot of things there,” he said.

While Davis does not have a favorite, Georgetown could have the inside track for him.

“They’ve been my dream school for awhile,” Davis said. “When I got that one, it felt big-time. I’ve always loved it there, since I was younger.”

If things don’t go according to plan and the Playaz do not reach the title game, Davis said he plans to make his decision after July.

Kids are funny, no? If they make it to the finals of some AAU Tournament, he announces his decision in three days. If not, he won't even MAKE his decision for three more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Kids are funny, no? If they make it to the finals of some AAU Tournament, he announces his decision in three days. If not, he won't even MAKE his decision for three more weeks.
    Makes me think he's weighed every thing concerning the different schools and just needs the pressure of having to finally make the decision.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Makes me think he's weighed every thing concerning the different schools and just needs the pressure of having to finally make the decision.
    My thoughts exactly.
    This could be a big decision for X. His could sway DSR, Canty, and any other 2012 guards in a negative (or possibly positive) direction for us. Any word on how the overall situation is playing out?

“If we make it to the championship, I’m going to announce my commitment live on TV,” Davis said.

Is he going to the Heat?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.