Page 605 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560360460560660761565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Shaming season for CV-19 social distancing season has officially ended. Feel free now to tell anyone who worries about whether you're wearing a mask or standing too close to them to fuck off.

And they wonder why people don’t trust them. I thought the science was settled and we had to practice social distancing or we were all going to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    https://www.policefoundation.org/stu...uate%20degree.

I'm sorry if it upsets you but half of police officers dont have any higher education. That isnt an opinion. I'm confused, I thought that was pretty well known?

30% have a 4 year degree. 5% have a graduate degree.
    Um no you missed the point. You are generalizing a group of people based on their education level.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And they wonder why people don’t trust them. I thought the science was settled and we had to practice social distancing or we were all going to die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotta love lefties...anything to fit their agenda...I'm sure covid-19 will be a systemic problem again in a couple of weeks when protesting ends.

Bunkerboy sez it's a great day for GF....except for the fact that he's still dead.
    2023 Sweet 16

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Um no you missed the point. You are generalizing a group of people based on their education level.
    My generalization was that police officers aren’t very educated. Which is a fact.

I also followed up in another post saying I know there are plenty who are. As a whole however most have very little if any higher level education. I think that is a problem given the importance of the job.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 06-05-2020 at 07:49 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Bunkerboy sez it's a great day for GF....except for the fact that he's still dead.
    Gotta say....I’m “generally” a fan of the bunker boy nickname.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

My brother is a police officer. Worked the streets for 13 years. He's a sergeant and working in internal affairs now. He's been on the hostage negotiation team. He has a 4 year degree in criminology and a master's degree.

You wouldn't believe the things he's seen and dealt with, the stress, etc. Walking into a home and finding someone's son who blew their own head off with a shotgun, or hung themselves in a closet. Getting called to a house where there's babies crawling on the floor covered in dog shit with drugs and needles everywhere, sometimes not even anyone home with them. He's been shot at. He's been in struggles with dudes so high nothing will stop them.

Police officers see the absolute worst of the human race on a daily basis, especially if you work in big city. They're put in situations where they might not make it home to their families.

There's bad cops for sure.

But all these libs who now want to defund police departments...yeah, let's see how that works out.
    Last edited by X Factor; 06-05-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Curious, what would you need to see in a longer video that would justify what they did to that man?.
    Five or ten minutes of prior video to watch the shit the police were put through by "civilians". That would be enough. But then I'd also like to watch the prior hour, two, three, maybe more. So we could see what they go through for a 60,000/year salary.

You and me, we don't do shit. We have candy ass jobs where we check in, spend 8 hours, then check out. We go home to our wives and children without fear. When your wife kisses you goodbye in the morning, she knows you'll be home. When a cop's wife or husband kisses them goodbye in the morning, the wonder every day if they'll make it back. Will some POS shoot them? Ambush them? Run over them like Officer Grant in Springdale? Will they end up in an entanglement because of political bullshit like the cop on Ferguson. Piece of shit on drugs bum rushes you and you have to shoot him to save your own life. Yet no one cares about your life. Because the corroborators decide to make up a story that you shot that guy with his hands up. Your go through months of hell to preserve your name and your freedom. For a $60,000/year salary.

What would I want to see to justify what they did to that man? Their word. Because I don't pretend I can judge their job. It's something I'd never want for me, or anyone I care for. A cop's job is to protect an to serve, the vast majority do that with honor. One fucking asshole doesn't change that for me, and it shouldn't change that for you.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I still can't get over the New York Times essentially burning itself down over an op-ed it pitched to Tom Cotton. This literally may be the most remarkable thing that's happened in 2020.

Reps to X Factor, and a ton of credit to his brother. Obviously he has to deal with situations only a few of us would have the courage, bravery, or stability to face. The same can be said (though not equating) about our military, as previously mentioned social workers, physical health coaches/doctors, and obviously mental health professionals.

I really hate getting into political discussions these days. The black/white (no pun intended) perspectives really disturb me. Little, or no attention, is given to gray areas. In my humble opinion, this unrest is a cancer that has been gradually growing, or a festering issue gone unnoticed. Our own reality (whether fortunate, successful, blessed, or otherwise) blinds us, and makes it hard to walk in someone else's shoes (empathy).

Some posters have mentioned Candace Owens, and it appears that Glenn Beck is getting torched on Twitter right now. Whether you consider these people opportunists or "grifters" (which I do), it doesn't really matter.

Our main issue (in my opinion), as a society, is not being able to see the larger picture.

I'm not a big fan of Jordan Peterson, actually disagree with him most of the time. But I think this "Gini Coefficient" talk may interest some people.

https://youtu.be/M3XYHPAwBzE
    Last edited by tacopizza885; 06-06-2020 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Grammar/Clarifying