Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naji Marshall

Got to give it to him, he's starting to emerge as the "go to" guy we sorely need. He was money under pressure last night and that is a tremendous affirmation of what I'm sure he already sees in himself. Often it's easy to forget he's just a soph. His offense has taken a remarkable jump as of late, especially the fact that he has gotten out of the deep freeze from distance....10 of his last 22. He seems to be over the top confident which can be a detriment at times, so he has to learn to harness that confidence.....nothing more experience won't cure. I have a feeling there is not going to be near enough games left on the schedule for Mr. Marshall.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-14-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    I still think, despite the egg we laid against FSU, we win if Naji doesn't get hurt.
    ^ 100% this.

Sort of get the feeling everything is going to click together for him very soon. He has the potential to be a monster next year.

His decision making and floor vision seems to be interesting at times... but there is so so much upside here. He starts taking and making these 3s at this clip and watch out.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Got to give it to him, he's starting to emerge as the "go to" guy we sorely need. He was money under pressure last night and that is a tremendous affirmation of what I'm sure he already sees in himself. Often it's easy to forget he's just a soph. His offense has taken a remarkable jump as of late, especially the fact that he has gotten out of the deep freeze from distance....10 of his last 22. He seems to be over the top confident which can be a detriment at times, so he has to learn to harness that confidence.....nothing more experience won't cure. I have a feeling there is not going to be near enough games left on the schedule for Mr. Marshall.
    This has been my biggest source of disappointment (bordering on disgust) for me is the end-of-game play. Getting the stats but, not only disappearing when it counts, but being a detriment at times. Somebody needs the steel balls to be the money guy.

Wtf!!
    You called?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Can all you Naji haters expose yourselves. Especially the guy that said he’s not a D1 player.....Xville?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Don't know who's saying that (besides Xville) but for a guy who has NBA scouts looking at him, he is very frustrating and disappointing. I know,he's only a sophomore. But we see teams with freshmen taking over games. Yes, Trevon was famous for taking off complete halves of games and then scoring 20. But he didn't turn the ball over a half dozen times and he didn't have NBA chasing after him.

Naji and team had a damn fine game tonight. A road win against a Q1. Held Powell below is average and went off for 28. He is still just a sophomore, but damn he's got his game going!

Can all you Naji haters expose yourselves. Especially the guy that said he’s not a D1 player.....Xville?
    I don’t know if there are any bonafide haters, but he does play beyond himself at times, which can be frustrating. He has all the potential in the world, so that’s what makes it more difficult. He could be an all-time great, but at times he needs to slow down and let the game come to him a bit. That’s not hate, that’s hoping and praying for the best from the young man.

Saying he’s not D1 sounds like hyperbole.....or maybe scotch.

I will admit that earlier this year I thought that he was displaying a lackadaisical attitude and was not playing hard, especially on defense. But I can’t say that was the case tonight. Not at all. He was big time tonight on both ends of the court.

For all his talent...he just doesn't play smart. The best is yet to come...sooner rather than later. The sooner the better.

I remain optimistic...but...ugh.

We really need somebody who can close out games.

Really escaped with a W tonight...on the road FANTASTIC.

But, ugh!