Page 290 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 1902402802882892902912923003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xville View Post
    today, let's not focus on what divides and separates us, but instead remember a moment in time that we came together as a country and as a people.

#neverforget
    yes!
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I think Nikes campaign is going to blow up in their face.
    New Nike campaign? (posted for humor)

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not sure how this whole Kavanaugh nomination is going to play itself out next week, but what a complete fucking circus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not sure how this whole Kavanaugh nomination is going to play itself out next week, but what a complete fucking circus.
    It would be nice if Congress would do their jobs instead of just bickering back and forth and pointing fingers.

The whole sexual assault charge was timed for no reason than to delay the vote on confirmation. The Left had the information for quite awhile and chose to sit on it.

I’m fed up with all of them. We really need term limits for Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    It would be nice if Congress would do their jobs instead of just bickering back and forth and pointing fingers.

The whole sexual assault charge was timed for no reason than to delay the vote on confirmation. The Left had the information for quite awhile and chose to sit on it.

I’m fed up with all of them. We really need term limits for Congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Term limits for Court Justices would fix this also. By the way, Merrick Garland says high, so Republicans can get off their high horses when it comes to crappy politics.

I'm not sure what to think of Ford's accusations, but if this IS a manufactured allegation timed to take full advantage of the PoundMeToo movement, it's orders of magnitude worse than the bullshit the Republicans pulled on Garland. It would be the lowest of the low, honestly.

I'm not sure what to think of Ford's accusations, but if this IS a manufactured allegation timed to take full advantage of the PoundMeToo movement, it's orders of magnitude worse than the bullshit the Republicans pulled on Garland. It would be the lowest of the low, honestly.
    I don't know if Ford's accusations are truthful or not but I do know the Democrats used those allegations and the Me Too movement for political motives because they can't win elections.

I would agree if this professor decided she would make it all up just to take advantage as you say.
    Can't imagine any woman would put herself through all this for that sort of purpose.
    Her life would be hell from this point forward if she made it all up.(It will be now anyway)
    Having 2 daughters I would err on her side at this point.
    A few years ago, Hatch was all for the FBI investigating Anita Hill's allegations. Said is was the right thing to do.
    Today...not so much.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Can't imagine any woman would put herself through all this for that sort of purpose.
    Her life would be hell from this point forward if she made it all up.(It will be now anyway)
    Her life isn't going to be hell. She's an absolute hero in the part of the country where she lives. Hell, if she made the whole thing up she probably becomes MORE of a hero out there.

I've got a daughter....but I've also got two sons. So I'm not erring on anyone's side just for the sake of gender.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 09-19-2018 at 01:24 PM.

I have no idea if it's true or not. However, if you say it's not true what is this woman's motive? She has a decent job, family, all things are going her way right now. Why would you stir up a nation's animosity just to provide a political hail mary.

If you say it's true, why not have some investigative body look into it? You can then have them both sit in front of congress and testify to the findings. If you don't, it will degrade to he said she said. There would be no accountability and no reason to stick to any kind of truth.

A few things stick out to me, she passed a lie detector test. Yes that is largely meaningless, but she at least believes what she says is true. She and her husband spoke with a therapist about this incident six years ago. The third person named in the room wants nothing to do with sitting and answering congressional questions.