Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    You say that tongue in cheek Go but it's potentially accurate. I'm not sure what MOR's data is on increased diversity, but either way policing is local not national. If you think back to Ferguson, their police force was 6% black and their population was 67% black. Right or wrong, this kind of disparity sews distrust.
    I see these types of numbers a lot and I always have to wonder how many applicants to the police force were black? If the police force is 94% white/non-black and 67% of the population is black, but only 3 black people make it through the process to become a cop, is that really the fault of the police force? I deal with this every day. I hear "you aren't hiring enough of this type or this type" until I show them that of the 132 applicants, only 3 were non-white, and they did not have the REQUIRED experience or qualifications (like having an MD license as a physician - not a fake requirement made up to discriminate) Without the number of applications that met the requirements, numbers like these mean nothing.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I see these types of numbers a lot and I always have to wonder how many applicants to the police force were black? If the police force is 94% white/non-black and 67% of the population is black, but only 3 black people make it through the process to become a cop, is that really the fault of the police force? I deal with this every day. I hear "you aren't hiring enough of this type or this type" until I show them that of the 132 applicants, only 3 were non-white, and they did not have the REQUIRED experience or qualifications (like having an MD license as a physician - not a fake requirement made up to discriminate) Without the number of applications that met the requirements, numbers like these mean nothing.
    Yeah that would be good to know. I have no reason or basis to blame that on police. I'd say it's more of a symptom of the larger problem.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Yep, of course the Times would spin it that way, but why?

Just an "inference" here since the other side likes to infer so much, but how about resisting arrest, for example.

Somehow always lost in the Liberal argument is that there is a large and growing presence of Black and other Police Officers of color and many Very qualified Black Police Chiefs. What? They don't count?
    Also states this in your article, did you only read the headline?

"At the same time, the study found blacks and Hispanics were more than 50 percent more likely to experience physical interactions with police, including touching, pushing, handcuffing, drawing a weapon, and using a baton or pepper spray."

"Mr. Fryer’s study found that police are 50 percent more likely to engage in physical interactions with blacks and Hispanics, including touching, pushing and drawing weapons.

Adding controls that account for important context and civilian behavior reduces, but cannot fully explain, these disparities,” the paper said."
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

You say that tongue in cheek Go but it's potentially accurate.
    You think it's potentially accurate that black police officers are Uncle Toms? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    You think it's potentially accurate that black police officers are Uncle Toms? Wow.
    No that people think that.

No that people think that.
    Oh, I'm certain people think that. I was just going to be surprised if you were one of them. :)

The Uncle Tom belief system is alive and well in the black community. This I know.

White Athletes Still Standing For The Anthem Are Standing For White Supremacy

Patriotism Is for White People

Things happen quite quickly.

A few weeks ago the confederate flag and confederate statues were symbols of White Supremacy. So we took them down.

Now Old Glory herself is a symbol of White Supremacy. The National Anthem is a symbol of White Supremacy. And why not? Life comes at you fast.

It is all the glory of multiculturalism.

Now we need to turn our attention on those White players who still stand for White Supremacy.

And what about those White fans that continue to honor the anthem? White Supremacists.

I don't think a lot of people have a clear sight of how fast this country is changing. We have a rapid demographic shift and it will continue to exert increasing force.

So get your cues from the media. They will tell you who is bad and who is good. Then you can echo them to signal your virtue to other like minded people.

Vladimir Lenin : Who/Whom. In a "multi cultural" society, politics make more sense if you ask Who is doing what to Whom.

I think some people don't like White people. I wouldn't repeat that. What I would repeat is "I support Transgender Bathrooms"
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I think in the end before every football game all the players and all the fans, and everyone in every home in America should take the knee against White Supremacy.

I would like to call it the two minutes hate.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    White Athletes Still Standing For The Anthem Are Standing For White Supremacy

Patriotism Is for White People

Things happen quite quickly.

A few weeks ago the confederate flag and confederate statues were symbols of White Supremacy. So we took them down.

Now Old Glory herself is a symbol of White Supremacy. The National Anthem is a symbol of White Supremacy. And why not? Life comes at you fast.

It is all the glory of multiculturalism.

Now we need to turn our attention on those White players who still stand for White Supremacy.

And what about those White fans that continue to honor the anthem? White Supremacists.

I don't think a lot of people have a clear sight of how fast this country is changing. We have a rapid demographic shift and it will continue to exert increasing force.

So get your cues from the media. They will tell you who is bad and who is good. Then you can echo them to signal your virtue to other like minded people.

Vladimir Lenin : Who/Whom. In a "multi cultural" society, politics make more sense if you ask Who is doing what to Whom.

I think some people don't like White people. I wouldn't repeat that. What I would repeat is "I support Transgender Bathrooms"
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    I think in the end before every football game all the players and all the fans, and everyone in every home in America should take the knee against White Supremacy.

I would like to call it the two minutes hate.
    And the Ultimate Bard weighs in.....HEAVILY!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell