Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Gale Catlett. Damn.

So, we do not hate them as much anymore, and police horses now live without fear.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    I too have viewed the Shootout for 50 yrs. Without a creep patrolling the sidelines for UC, it just boils down to a game we should win, and we did.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceX View Post
    I might not have your same 50 years of fandom behind me, but I was telling my UC friends the same thing before this game!! This is the first time in my memory where my reaction to the entire UC team and coaching staff was "Eh, they don't seem that bad" instead of pure, unbridled sports hatred. In fact, I actually kind of enjoy watching some of the guys on that team!

I was afraid that not having a "villain" would tone down the fun, but winning was still as awesome as ever!
    If it's of any consequence, the UC fan base really seems to dislike Travis...only amplified after picking up the tab at Danas. So we have that going for us.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    If it's of any consequence, the UC fan base really seems to dislike Travis...only amplified after picking up the tab at Danas. So we have that going for us.
    I've not seen or heard anything like this.......hard to dislike Travis for anything IMHO. He's only 1 year into the job?

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I've not seen or heard anything like this.......hard to dislike Travis for anything IMHO. He's only 1 year into the job?
    I haven't either. Certainly nothing on any Cincy message board that I have seen.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I haven't either. Certainly nothing on any Cincy message board that I have seen.
    You guys are kidding...right? He is well known for paying recruits and being Mack's 'bag man' in UC lore. The only reason we have been out recruiting them for the last 5-10 years is directly related to Steele cheating. They've been quieter after the shootout but there are tons of posts on BCJ about him being a bad coach and dirty recruiter...
    -Pablo

You guys are kidding...right? He is well known for paying recruits and being Mack's 'bag man' in UC lore. The only reason we have been out recruiting them for the last 5-10 years is directly related to Steele cheating. They've been quieter after the shootout but there are tons of posts on BCJ about him being a bad coach and dirty recruiter...
    yeah ok........what a few posters say about Steele does not represent what their fan base in general thinks about him. Paying recruits? Now that's funny. Who are they saying we "paid" to come to X?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    yeah ok........what a few posters say about Steele does not represent what their fan base in general thinks about him. Paying recruits? Now that's funny. Who are they saying we "paid" to come to X?
    Scruggs...Sumner are a couple that have been mentioned. I find it hillarious and Keenland Dan is a big champion of the steele cheats narrative. And yes, I understand that BCJ posters don't represent the entire fanbase. He's not at villain status yet but if we keep kicking asses on the recruiting trail, it won't take long.
    -Pablo

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I can't find them on BCJ. Link to a couple??
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Please give Travis Steele the credit he deserves. Everyone knows his bag man days go back to landing Eric Gordon at IU under Kelvin Sampson.