Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    The XavierHoops Star of the Game goes to Tyrique Jones for tracking down the loose ball leading to Trevon's three alone. What a start to the season for Mr. Zero.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    The XavierHoops Star of the Game goes to Tyrique Jones for tracking down the loose ball leading to Trevon's three alone. What a start to the season for Mr. Zero.
    Not to mention 2 MADE free throws in crunch time.

I am impressed by the young man. I do like having depth and being able to show teams different looks, but I like Tyrique starting and playing every game. He could become a monster in time.

Xavier big man factory strikes again.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

@TyriqueJones_ missed most of the second half v. UC because of tendinitis in his knees. At times it has kept him out of practice but he looks good today. - Shannon
    2023 Sweet 16

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    @TyriqueJones_ missed most of the second half v. UC because of tendinitis in his knees. At times it has kept him out of practice but he looks good today. - Shannon
    I saw Tyrique signal, when he was on the floor, that he wanted a blow during the first half of the Shootout. It sounds like the tendinitis must have flared up, and so a little rest is just what the doctor ordered.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I saw Tyrique signal, when he was on the floor, that he wanted a blow during the first half of the Shootout. It sounds like the tendinitis must have flared up, and so a little rest is just what the doctor ordered.
    I would have just injected him with morphine and told him to get back out there to be honest.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I would have just injected him with morphine and told him to get back out there to be honest.
    And have him turn out like Miss Havisham? No thank you.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    And have him turn out like Miss Havisham? No thank you.
    Never would I ever have thought Great Expectations would somehow re-enter my life via my love for Xavier basketball.

A year ago, Tyrique misses half of the shots he is taking. His improvement in finishing is remarkable.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Sophomore
    Also, his FT shooting was atrocious and now it's pretty reliable for a big. Really remarkable progress in just a year. His injury issues are unfortunate, and there's stiff competition at that position, but man the kid can play and he has some confidence now and I am so impressed.