Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Every Creighton fan I talked to last night at the game was very gracious.
    I agree. We sat with a number of Creighton fans last night. At games end we just shook hands and told each other great game and good luck.

Not much else you can say after a classic like that.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'll pile on. Creighton fans were great. Much respect. Of course, it's easy to say when you win, but they were cool before, during, and after. Didn't have really any run-ins with fans...probably because Butler fans were scarce.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I don't know why, but I think Creighton fans are just that way. I hope they think of us like I think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I don't know why, but I think Creighton fans are just that way. I hope they think of us like I think of them.
    I picture Creighton fans a lot like these guys:

I picture Creighton fans as being well bred and buttoned down.

I picture Butler fans looking like the guy on Mad Magazine; Huckleberry Central with big teeth.
    X A V I E R

In reality, where in the F were Butler fans?

I get that NO ONE from Chicago who is a DePaul fan would come and plan for paying for a full package of session tickets. They are a guarantee to be One and Done. But Futler was supposed to be a contender who would have a high probability of playing Saturday, yet their turnout vs us was pathetic. I thought that they were so "passionate".

I guess their "passion" doesn't extend outside of the barn door.....or maybe their garbage clock didn't tell them what time it was?

Game Thread: Xavier vs. Creighton (March 10, 2017) Big East Tournament Semi-Final

After the pretentious Villanova fans I sat next too, I'll take Creighton fans any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    After the pretentious Villanova fans I sat next too, I'll take Creighton fans any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah. I'm glad Villanova won last year, but they are becoming a little bit insufferable. Add to that- most of them are from Philadelphia....or Filthydelphia as I call it. People are naturally arrogant in that garbage town.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I guess their "passion" doesn't extend outside of the barn door.....or maybe their garbage clock didn't tell them what time it was?
    = The Butler Way
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Every team (including Xavier) has great fans and also those who act, well ... less than great. Our individual perspectives are framed by which we encounter. And for sure, those who judge an entire fan base by how they are represented by Internet message board prose are likely going to be soured. The shelter of anonymity behind a keyboard produces more bravery and bravado than a few Rusty Nails in the tavern.

I love talking college hoops with the locals when I travel. And every X game I've attended outside of Cincinnati has been an awesome experience. Some of the fans have been over-the-top courteous and others have just been normal people talking "in-game crap" in the heat of battle just like we do. In other words, we're all the same.

That said, I still believe 97.6% of all Dayton fans are delusional.
    It's winning time.