Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    What about the Human Traffic Cone?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Freemantle is good on offense BUT yikes is he behind on defense. Maybe experience and gaining 30 pounds of muscle will help. Human Foul machine.
    I think we all can get in that warm/comfy place in regards to JELLY and ZFree...these guys are ALL BE FRESHMAN and future ALL BE first team. Let Coach continue to assemble his vision and we be rolling!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Nope, not Lisa Byington (who is actually an occasional PxPer along with sideline duties during the Big East Tournament).
    Thanks. Again I think she's pretty good.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Pretty sure that is reserved for former UD "legend" Jimmie Binnie.

Junior
    Is anyone calling him "World Z Free" besides me?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Is anyone calling him "World Z Free" besides me?
    Aye sir

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Pretty sure that is reserved for former UD "legend" Jimmie Binnie.
    I think he’d also the guy from Dayton that had the most painful to watch free throw shot. I cringed every time he went to the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    I think he should watch film of Laimbeer. He is chasing blocks and if he does not get the block(he has had a few) his firm base is lost and he is easily moved out. He can improve.

Three in a row for X is great. Doing a nice climb into the second tier of the BE standing. Butler is getting their asses handed to them in Milwaukee today. So, hopefully, X can keep them reeling, while they keep streaking on Wednesday.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Ok, I'm here...late but here.

My observations on the PVD game.
    1) Steele is finally acting the role of Head Coach. He's less concerned with some canned sub pattern and no longer concerned with hurting feelings. Q Goodin only played 11 minutes in the game Saturday, because that's all he deserved to play. He was lost on defense most of the time and he bricked shots again (Backboard ball). Meanwhile, KyKy is coming into his own and gives this team the ingredient it has needed. Travis is now coaching more by feel than formula, which gives me much more comfort.
    2) KyKy is showing out now. That "dive on the floor" effort that he and Scruggs turned into a Tyrique lay in happened at a crucial time in the first half with about 3:30 left when Providence had taken a 2 point lead. His threat outside is also now getting guys to run at him to close out which allows him to drive by them to the hoop, and he's proving fearless. Man, am I excited for his future.
    3) I still don't see what Jason Carter brings to the table, except maybe a little bit of defense, but whatever.
    4) Tyrique has assumed the mantle of Malcomb Bernard from 2017- Leadership. "Hey Boys. Just climb on my back and I'll take you for a ride to the Dance". Somebody had to emerge, and it obviously was not going to be Q. I just don't know what's gone on in his head the last two years, but something ain't right. Anyway, Tyrique is a Manimal and he hasn't been doing this rebounding exhibition vs dwarfs. Just guys like Reed, Watson, Gill and other mammoths, but he could care less. Dude is snagging every bound.
    5) I thought Cooley was for sure going to do a Hack -A- Ty every time down Saturday night doen the stretch, because he's a great tactician. Luckily there was enough other stuff going on where he couldn't employ that too much.

Welp, the team did what I said they needed to do to get me back on full board after the Seton Hall game. And after watching Butler the other day, I think we can beat their ass at the barn. All these players that *some* were calling so "Stupid" a few games ago, have all of a sudden become smarter. I'm still not fully all the way with Steele, but signs are there that he's getting it. plus he had a beautiful sport coat on Saturday night that was perfect for the Runningman Color scheme.
    Go X!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 02-10-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell