Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Hofstra ended whatever honeymoon the YTG had with UCLA last night. Breaks my heart.
    Hofstra’s previous game was a 42-point blowout of New York Tech, an NCAA Division II opponent, but Cronin said the Pride was a difficult foe because they started three senior guards and took care of the basketball.

“We don’t have anywhere near the mental toughness that we need to have here,” Cronin said. “We just don’t have enough fortitude and they tested it tonight because they had only seven turnovers. They did an unbelievable job taking care of the ball.”
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Hofstra’s previous game was a 42-point blowout of New York Tech, an NCAA Division II opponent, but Cronin said the Pride was a difficult foe because they started three senior guards and took care of the basketball.

“We don’t have anywhere near the mental toughness that we need to have here,” Cronin said. “We just don’t have enough fortitude and they tested it tonight because they had only seven turnovers. They did an unbelievable job taking care of the ball.”
    Ah I see the cronin schtick is alive and well in Westwood. What a gawd awful hire by ucla. It is along the lines of florida state football hiring willie taggart.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Hofstra ended whatever honeymoon the YTG had with UCLA last night. Breaks my heart.
    And his presser was everything you would expect. Some throwing players under the bus, some refusal to answer reporter questions, etc. It was great.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

And I saw attendance announced at 4,800 in the 12,800 seat Pauley Pavilion. He's really revved up that fan base.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    And his presser was everything you would expect. Some throwing players under the bus, some refusal to answer reporter questions, etc. It was great.
    Wrong thread.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Like clockwork, Cronin already trashed his own players for lack of toughness. New town, same goatfucker.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Florida seems back to being good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Florida seems back to being good.
    I didn't watch the game, but I saw where it was kind of close in the 2nd half halfway through, just a couple points, and then I guess Florida decided to turn it on and pull away?? I'm interested into seeing how Georgetown performs against Duke, would be a HUGE conference statement in the Hoyas could knock them off. Another semi-interesting game might be that Oregon/Houston match up.

Just want to reiterate that the Cincinnati Bearcats are currently playing a regular season basketball game that can only be viewed on FloHoops, the same service that provided mediocre coverage of Xavier's scrimmages in Spain this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Just want to reiterate that the Cincinnati Bearcats are currently playing a regular season basketball game that can only be viewed on FloHoops, the same service that provided mediocre coverage of Xavier's scrimmages in Spain this summer.
    Remember when their head coach benched their star player? That was fun too.