Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Xavier has just offered 2019 6’1” PG Andre Gordon, from Sydney, Ohio.

Does this mean that they aren’t so sure about Tandy? Or does it mean that they are trying to force his hand a little bit?

But then again, Gordon is supposed to be a solid player......maybe they want both?
    https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...GE9jXvh0v29CM/

Looks like he will play at HP. That will definitely enhance his development. Maybe TS can mine talent from there on a regular basis!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Gordon seems like a heck of an athlete. Being a dual threat in football and getting D1 offers (mid-level) is impressive. Doubt we’ll go after 2 more guards for the class because we have Bishop and Odom the following year. Of course you never, but this has been a very productive year in recruiting and a bit dicey at times with the decommits. What is also interesting, Myron Gardner (SF) also got thrown into the mix. Looks like he just became a high choice recruit for X.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Gordon seems like a heck of an athlete. Being a dual threat in football and getting D1 offers (mid-level) is impressive. Doubt we’ll go after 2 more guards for the class because we have Bishop and Odom the following year. Of course you never, but this has been a very productive year in recruiting and a bit dicey at times with the decommits. What is also interesting, Myron Gardner (SF) also got thrown into the mix. Looks like he just became a high choice recruit for X.
    I can't keep up with this stuff lmfao. We should know by like January/Febuary right? Is it a little like football where most guys put in their LOIs on "National Signing Day"?? I can't believe I don't know the answer to this, I guess I never really thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I can't keep up with this stuff lmfao. We should know by like January/Febuary right? Is it a little like football where most guys put in their LOIs on "National Signing Day"?? I can't believe I don't know the answer to this, I guess I never really thought about it.
    Why because you’re trying to be a doctor or something? If you’re on your ER rotation, you should have plenty of time to catch up...lol.

Ever since Wright went to small ball, not sure recruiting will be the same in our conference. IMHO, Steele is recruiting the best athletes (with defensive potential) available, while filling the necessary gaps.

Sophomore
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kws5uLIgPpk

cool video with a lot of Freemantle highlights

Why because you’re trying to be a doctor or something? If you’re on your ER rotation, you should have plenty of time to catch up...lol.

Ever since Wright went to small ball, not sure recruiting will be the same in our conference. IMHO, Steele is recruiting the best athletes (with defensive potential) available, while filling the necessary gaps.
    Hahaha think they'll let me stream games in the OR??? That's what I'm looking forward to!!

Hmm, and I figured that much. Steele is doing great so far filling out the class and targeting good prospects, I was just wondering when we'd be safe to assume the class was complete (aka January/February), I think we'll still end up with a damn good class that I'm gonna be excited for. The Steele era has started out hot on the recruiting trail, if the on court product is just as good, we won't skip a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Hahaha think they'll let me stream games in the OR??? That's what I'm looking forward to!!

Hmm, and I figured that much. Steele is doing great so far filling out the class and targeting good prospects, I was just wondering when we'd be safe to assume the class was complete (aka January/February), I think we'll still end up with a damn good class that I'm gonna be excited for. The Steele era has started out hot on the recruiting trail, if the on court product is just as good, we won't skip a beat.
    Early signing for basketball is November 14-21, 2018.

Regular signing is April 17- May 15, 2019.

Would assume we would know the bulk of the class from the early signing period.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one scholly was kept open and used for a grad transfer next spring/summer.

Xavier has just offered 2019 6’1” PG Andre Gordon, from Sydney, Ohio.

Does this mean that they aren’t so sure about Tandy? Or does it mean that they are trying to force his hand a little bit?

But then again, Gordon is supposed to be a solid player......maybe they want both?
    I think Steele is just trying to cover the bases. Offer kids you like, and hope one of them jumps on board.

Having a good relationship with HP is not a bad play either, as they turn out good talent year after year.

Hoping Tandy visit goes well, I like his game a lot.

Early signing for basketball is November 14-21, 2018.

Regular signing is April 17- May 15, 2019.

Would assume we would know the bulk of the class from the early signing period.
    Okay, that's good for letting me know more about the time line, I'd assume everyone committed now would be signing in the early period, which would end up doing wonders for filling out the class.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one scholly was kept open and used for a grad transfer next spring/summer.
    Yup, I could easily see this happening as well, we've done pretty well with grad transfers as of late, so it wouldn't be the worst thing to use one on a grad transfer, it's a mandatory "redshirt" almost which can help even out the scholarship situation a bit as well. It just really depends if Steele gets his guys or not, but you can't make kids commit to you, it just happens.