Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heartbroken

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Most disappointing loss in Xavier history. Shit down the leg collapse. Thinking about it hurts.
    I don’t want to bring up other heartbreakers, so I won’t, but feel there are others that have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I don’t want to bring up other heartbreakers, so I won’t, but feel there are others that have been worse.
    Games that were heartbreakers? Yes. Ohio St definitely comes to mind. But overall opportunity to make a final four and beyond? No way there has or might ever be a better opportunity. And with the loss on Sunday Mack is out the door. What makes it worse? Mack is taking smiling selfies and now going to Hookerville.

The worst week ever as a Xavier fan. What a terrible shit down the leg game and piss away an opportunity then lose a hometown coach to a scum University when Xavier threw out a hell of an offer. This shit sucks.

Best team in program history. Weakest bracket in recent memory.

And they still blew it. I don't know that I'm ever going to get over this one.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Games that were heartbreakers? Yes. Ohio St definitely comes to mind. But overall opportunity to make a final four and beyond? No way there has or might ever be a better opportunity. And with the loss on Sunday Mack is out the door. What makes it worse? Mack is taking smiling selfies and now going to Hookerville.

The worst week ever as a Xavier fan. What a terrible shit down the leg game and piss away an opportunity then lose a hometown coach to a scum University when Xavier threw out a hell of an offer. This shit sucks.
    This is the biggest thing for me. Yeah, Wisconsin and OSU ended in a more shocking fashion, but everything was breaking pretty well for us to not only make the FF but the National Title game. Mack leaving after that would be a little more tolerable. Instead, a team that had been great in crunch time all year, just completely collapsed and choke over an excruciating 5-7 minutes, and our best class left on that note, along with our most successful head coach and the only one we've had who could've been here for a looong time.

I don't check my notifications often enough. Just did. I tried to figure out how to PM those who gave me positive comments about my mom....but I'm old and just got.confused....so I'm just going to post here. Thanks for all the support.