Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    There's plenty to worry about on the actual court. I honestly don't care at all what Steele says (or doesn't say) to the media. The way he interacts with the media is pretty much typical for a coach, Mack just happened to be a bit more candid. I understand it's an easy point to vent about, but I think it's a reach to lump this stuff in as concerning or Steele not taking responsibility.
    Agreed, we all know Coaches have an agenda with what they say to the media that may be different with what they say to the players. Sometimes they are trying to motivate their players, sometimes they are trying to reassure fans, and sometimes they are just trying not to publicly throw players under the bus even though that player is going to have a hell week in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by xcellentx View Post
    Agreed, we all know Coaches have an agenda with what they say to the media that may be different with what they say to the players. Sometimes they are trying to motivate their players, sometimes they are trying to reassure fans, and sometimes they are just trying not to publicly throw players under the bus even though that player is going to have a hell week in practice.
    The media and fans would more easily buy into many of these thoughts, if they were actually seeing improvements. There in lies the problem. When a coach plays down real issues again and again ( problems with how the team is addressing the 3 point shooting) and we see the same obvious bad habits game after game, then fans and the media have right to question what the heck is really going on.

Results matter. showing improvement matters. Saying “It’s like I tell my guys” to defense issues, is not flying anymore, because “his guys” ain’t listening.

I do think there is a difference between throwing a player under the bus (which a coach ought never do) and mentioning players are not doing the specific things they are expected to do based on what was done in practice. Though, were are not even sure Steele has been so specific about what his the expectations are - and I don’t mean him repeating the obvious “stop turning the ball over” message we keep hearing at post press conferences.

What specific ways has he addresses the turnover issues and three point shooting that should really lead to improvements in both areas. What has he recognized on film that is leading specifically the teams rebounding issues? Are enough players not crashing the boards after shots? Are the bigs out of position when the ball goes up (maybe because two of them shoot threes)? Are our bigs just too small to go again bigger BE opponents (and therefor Miles should be given the green light to play this year)?

Steele comes across very approachable and forthcoming at times, but he also seems to side step, dismiss/ won’t admit to certain real issues until it is so obvious that he can’t dismiss them anymore. In other words he

I can appreciate that Tracis is trying to hold a dysfunctional team together, but he must also realize he has been contributing to the team’s dysfunctionality.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-17-2020 at 08:52 PM.

All-Conference
    He had to know the optics of not showing up after that loss would be horrible - he didn't seem to care.

He doesn't have near the clout yet to start sending in his assistants to do the post-game with Byron and Joe. After an easy bye win against Wisconsin Green Bay - fine.

Against a Big East rival while your team is unraveling before everyone's eyes - no way in hell. It was weak. How do you hold your upperclassmen accountable to leadership after that?

Is this guy still available?
    https://youtu.be/Chdg7wEGfYw
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Or this guy, different sport but maybe bring him in for a pep talk.
    https://youtu.be/uiVVbYK9HXw
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Does our coach know how to run or install anything else? Not being a smart ass........really curious b/c our offense is disturbingly horrific at getting the right guys shots in the right spots.

Dump it to Tyrique or pass the ball around the top of the key and then someone goes one on one trying to create a shot. Thats it.
    Out of bounds plays.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Out of bounds plays.
    Mack had quite a few dumb ass plays. Now they're being used on Xavier and we're the dumb asses.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Mack had quite a few dumb ass plays. Now they're being used on Xavier and we're the dumb asses.
    That is one of the things that bother me the most. "You go to Xavier, not to Cincinnati!" Stop being dumb asses!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    KyKy made a 3 after I posted and finish 1 - 5, and 1-8 from the floor. He forced shots all night. He's now 3 for his last 11.
    Run the table.