Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Creighton fans took a hard pivot from "well, he did touch his arm", to "no matter the contact, you can't make that call in that situation". truly remarkable
    We need to be nice to the Jays fans, they had a chance to buy up most of the NCAA tickets as part of their season ticket package and scarfed them all up.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    We need to be nice to the Jays fans, they had a chance to buy up most of the NCAA tickets as part of their season ticket package and scarfed them all up.
    I have absolutely NO problem with Creighton fans. Been there. Was treated well and sat next to some at the Big East Tourney last year. Had some damn good discussions. These folks and Greg McDermott are a credit to college basketball and our league.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Haven't scrolled through the entire thread, but saw Len Elmore came up in the conversation. How about him saying Xavier should get the ball to half court and call another timeout to set up a play at the end of the game? Xavier had 0 timeouts left.

I was talking to my dad about it -- it's really to the point with a lot of these announcers that they're just background noise. There are SO many instances where they're informed or not looking at the right stuff. I was watching a game the other night on ESPN2 with a couple no name guys and the refs were clearly reviewing an out of bounds call and they kept blabbering about the clock being right and the refs wasting time on reviews, blah blah blah. Then the refs overturned the call and changed the possession - and neither announcer even knew they were looking at that.

Need Gus and Raf for every game plz.
    Right there with you. Seems every game there are announcers who literally have no idea what is happening during reviews or foul call vs out of bounds or something similar. Or dumb comments like the timeout one by Elmore. He said get to half court and call another timeout. 1. X didnt have a timeout. 2. They didnt call the timeout that had just been called. They used their last one after the first of 3 FTs and McDermott called one after all three were made.

Speaking of, bet McDermott wished he hadnt called a timeout after the FTs.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Right there with you. Seems every game there are announcers who literally have no idea what is happening during reviews or foul call vs out of bounds or something similar. Or dumb comments like the timeout one by Elmore. He said get to half court and call another timeout. 1. X didnt have a timeout. 2. They didnt call the timeout that had just been called. They used their last one after the first of 3 FTs and McDermott called one after all three were made.

Speaking of, bet McDermott wished he hadnt called a timeout after the FTs.
    Didn't think about this. You are absolutely correct. McDermott basically gave Xavier another time out and time to plan for Q's last play.

Xavier @ Creighton Game Thread (February 10, 2018)

Didn’t Creighton call back to back timeouts at the end ? Or am I thinking of a different sequence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mid major View Post
    Didn't think about this. You are absolutely correct. McDermott basically gave Xavier another time out and time to plan for Q's last play.
    I’m fairly certain Mack had the play already called after the first FT timeout. Creighton had their bigs in rebounding and needed them back to defend the hoop. Both teams knew what the play was going to be. I thought Creighton did a decent job defending it until it got to the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Didn’t Creighton call back to back timeouts at the end ? Or am I thinking of a different sequence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That’s what I thought too... however the box score says there were two timeouts after the last made free throw. First by creighton, second by X. Then Creighton TO after Q made his FTS

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    This. Absolutely 0 worries about Harden being in the rotation. Look around the league - there are plenty of heralded freshmen who are out of rotations simply because they're behind older guys. Ashton Langford, Jermaine Samuels, etc.
    They are usually redshirted if the team values them that way. This is basically a wasted year for Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    They are usually redshirted if the team values them that way. This is basically a wasted year for Harden.
    We needed Harden to get some minutes this year since he'll be playing a pretty major role next year. Also if any of our current guards/wings got hurt he'd be the one seeing increased minutes. Couldn't afford to red shirt him this year with how thin we'll be next season.

He is getting the minutes he is earning. It is tough to play when you two seniors, a sophomore, and two freshmen who are a year older than you all in front of you for minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk