Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Let’s not ignore the 2019, 2020 classes. The 2019 class has Tandy and Freemantle. Besides those two, Ramsey and Miles are both projects. Ramsey may never be fully healthy to contribute meaningful minutes for Xavier and Miles is a big project who may or may not transfer in a couple of years. Xavier missed on Bishop. For 2020, both Odom and Wilcher look like impact guys. Colby Jones will hopefully make an impact but still is a project in my opinion.

I also said I would give Coach Steele another year to turn the ship. I still have faith in him but my patients is running thin with missing the NCAA tournament as much aa we have lately.
    Feel free to list past Xavier classes with two freshman as impressive as Tandy and Freemantle. I can wait. Miles and Ramsey are redshirts - there's no way we can judge them either way at this point.

There's plenty of reasons to knock Steele. Recruiting isn't one of them. Also, this past season was disappointing for sure, but it's kind of weird people are just assuming Xavier would have missed the tournament. They would have been right there in the discussion, and not to mention the team's second best player didn't play the last three games, which would have made a huge difference.

Losing Duncomb to IU stings because he would fill a need in the paint, but time to move on. They just offered a 7 footer from Hargrave who looks very skilled on video.

The bigger local Cincy fish is PG/SG Paul McMillan from Woodward. We've been on him the longest and he is higher ranked than Duncomb too. I believe Steele is his lead recruiter. Can't miss on that one.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    Losing Duncomb to IU stings because he would fill a need in the paint, but time to move on. They just offered a 7 footer from Hargrave who looks very skilled on video.

The bigger local Cincy fish is PG/SG Paul McMillan from Woodward. We've been on him the longest and he is higher ranked than Duncomb too. I believe Steele is his lead recruiter. Can't miss on that one.
    It depends on McMillan. If he goes to Louisville or Ohio State because he wants to go to a "big time" school then it's excusable. If he goes to UC or somewhere similar to Xavier, then I think it's a miss.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Steele's two transfers for 20-21 are ranked in ESPN's top-50 transfers. Link: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...020-21-2021-22
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Feel free to list past Xavier classes with two freshman as impressive as Tandy and Freemantle. I can wait. Miles and Ramsey are redshirts - there's no way we can judge them either way at this point.

There's plenty of reasons to knock Steele. Recruiting isn't one of them. Also, this past season was disappointing for sure, but it's kind of weird people are just assuming Xavier would have missed the tournament. They would have been right there in the discussion, and not to mention the team's second best player didn't play the last three games, which would have made a huge difference.
    The Xavier team that got knocked out of the Big East tournament by Depaul was going to make the NCAA tournament? Highly unlikely. I also don’t get the whole Miles is going to be a superstar. He was hardly recruited by anyone coming out of high school and wasn’t ranked very high. I hope he turns into something great but he is a big time project in my book.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Steele's two transfers for 20-21 are ranked in ESPN's top-50 transfers. Link: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...020-21-2021-22
    Not bad. We got the 31st and 48th best grad transfers. Very exciting!

Very disappointed to hear another big Cincinnati recruit not selecting Xavier. We really need to start recruiting better in Cincinnati. Steele is suppose to be this great recruiter but he seems to be struggling of late. Other than Coach Hayes, the other two assistants haven’t done hardy anything on the recruiting trail. We can’t keep living on multiple grad transfers each year. I am giving Steele another year but if this team again disappoints like last year, I will want to move on from Steele. This program is too elite to be this mediocre year after year.
    I honestly thought this was a troll post initially. At the very least it is someone who has not been paying attention.

The Xavier team that got knocked out of the Big East tournament by Depaul was going to make the NCAA tournament? Highly unlikely. I also don’t get the whole Miles is going to be a superstar. He was hardly recruited by anyone coming out of high school and wasn’t ranked very high. I hope he turns into something great but he is a big time project in my book.
    Who said Miles is going to be a superstar? I for one said he has the "potential" to be very, very good. And he was ranked 193 by 247 coming out of high school (3 stars). So he wasn't some local low level recruit that X just threw an extra scholarship at.

You original argument was that 1) Steele isn't recruiting well and 2) he's not getting any local recruits. You're objectively wrong on both counts.
    Last edited by XU 87; 04-08-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Guess you missed the positive feedback from last summer's trip to Europe.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Guess you missed the positive feedback from last summer's trip to Europe.
    I must have. If he was doing so great on the Europe trip, why was he redshirted? We definitely could have used him this year then.