Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CJ versus Hankins

I don't know how many of you follow twitter, but there has been some back and forth between CJ Anderson and Hankins. For some reason it won't let me post the links. The gist is that CJ thinks Hankins is overrated because unlike CJ, he didn't make the Big Dance. They exchanged some minor insults and then began trading barbs about their careers.... It's all very... strange.

In true CJ fashion he's declared himself the winner with the hashtag #ThePeoplesChamp
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Hope this little dust up doesn't effect our recruitment of Paul McMillan at Woodward....certainly CJ wouldn't get in his ear with anything negative about X over this, right?

I mean, for some odd reason Dante got himself involved and sided with Hankins...sheez!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-31-2020 at 07:46 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Hope this little dust up doesn't effect our recruitment of Paul McMillan at Woodward....certainly CJ wouldn't get in his ear with anything negative about X over this, right?
    Considering CJ is the one that started the whole conversation, I wouldn't think so. Hankins didn't come after him out of the blue from what I read. I don't know what kind of relationship CJ has with this staff.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Considering CJ is the one that started the whole conversation, I wouldn't think so. Hankins didn't come after him out of the blue from what I read. I don't know what kind of relationship CJ has with this staff.
    Considering CJ played at Xavier, and is one of the coaches of one of the most sought after guards in the country, let's hope its a good relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Considering CJ played at Xavier, and is one of the coaches of one of the most sought after guards in the country, let's hope its a good relationship.
    CJ's somewhat of a controversial figure around X basketball.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

I mean, for some odd reason Dante got himself involved and sided with Hankins...sheez!
    I assume Dante involved himself because he coached Hankins last year. CJ Anderson is kind of a weird dude.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    The gist is that CJ thinks Hankins is overrated because unlike CJ, he didn't make the Big Dance.
    He has a pretty solid point. I mean, CJ did a great job recruiting Drew Lavender, Derrick Brown, Josh Duncan, BJ Raymond, Stanley Burrell and Jason Love to come to Xavier and play with him. Hankins recruited Ryan Welage to come play at Xavier with him. Game, set, match Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I assume Dante involved himself because he coached Hankins last year. CJ Anderson is kind of a weird dude.
    But Dante was a teammate for both years CJ played, including the '08 E8. One would think that trumps coaching a guy for 6 months....but maybe they didn't get along.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

I would say just the opposite. A coach is going to be much more protective of someone they coached than someone they played with.

CJ Anderson is one of my favorite Twitter Follows. He simply stated he holds transfers to a high standard, and didn't think Hankins tenure on the team was very noteworthy...given the way the season ended. I've enjoyed the back and forth, and don't think CJ is taking it as seriously as others. He has said nothing derogatory about X during this exchange of words, and believes his E8 and S16 seasons were better than Hankins' season that ended in the NIT.

Tough to argue with that logic. I would take Hankins on a Xavier team any day of the week, but his one season at X was less than memorable. His performance was solid as an individual, and he made the team better as the season progressed, but they didn't play in the NCAA tournament, which is the standard for every X team.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"