Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Admittedly I wasn't able to watch this game. And it'll be a long off season.
    But looking at the stats bears out one of my favorite gripes.
    The game has evolved into 3 pt shooting and layups/dunks with fouls.
    Say what you want about our foul shooting, but when they shoot 48% from 3, and we shoot 29%...it takes a lot of extra possessions of 2 pt shots to make that up.
    They scored 33 pts on 3 pt shots. We scored 15.
    I hope we have some shooters coming in next year, because Q and Naji didn't crack 30% this year.
    Yes and it was a rough year shooting for both. Naji dropped 10% on his 2pt shots and 8% on his three’s. Q’s 2pt % went down 7%. Both also had drops in their free throw %. Crazy. I am fine though with the way Q played today. He only took 7 shots and only had one turnover. Next year if he only takes between 5 and 7 shots a game and doesn’t turn it over, and looks to make other players better, Xavier will win a lot.

Sophomore
    just kinda the nature of them going from role players to the center of the offense. tbh they both became much more reliable by the end of the year so i have hope for the future

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Scruggs, Q and Naji should be embarrassed with this loss. Those 3 lost this game at the stripe. How can you be a high D1 recruit and not be able to hit free throws?
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    C'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Yes and it was a rough year shooting for both. Naji dropped 10% on his 2pt shots and 8% on his three’s. Q’s 2pt % went down 7%. Both also had drops in their free throw %. Crazy. I am fine though with the way Q played today. He only took 7 shots and only had one turnover. Next year if he only takes between 5 and 7 shots a game and doesn’t turn it over, and looks to make other players better, Xavier will win a lot.
    best post of the day