Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Naji has a two way deal with the Pelicans. It’s a strange year without summer league, and many held the opinion it was better to be a FA than get drafted late in 2nd round. Best of luck to Naji.
    Good. At least he’ll get paid some and not have to go overseas to do it.
    This year is F-ed up.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

2023 Sweet 16

Quote from the article: “ So, why didn’t Marshall get drafted yesterday? Because he’s a train wreck of a shooter.”

Wow that’s a bit harsh... He’s no Steph Curry but he is not a train wreck. He’s just not a go-to guy. I think it’s a steal as a spot up shooter he is at least average and possibly better. Not to mention he has hit some big time clutch shots. Good get for the Pels.

Tyrique should get a look today as a two way player as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    ...most can't be a fan of both anymore which used to be a given
    I stopped being an NBA fan decades ago when they stopped playing basketball. Call the damned travel and carry and don’t coddle the stars. They can be touched and it’s not a foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Hard to be a fan when you don’t have a dog in the fight....

Cincinnati Royals
    1957-1972
    RIP

I was born in 1956 near Rochester NY (which is where they moved from in 1957) and was a sophomore in a Cincinnati HS in 1972, when they moved out to KC. I followed them almost my entire life up until then. After they left I swore off the NBA. I doubt I’ve seen an entire NBA game since then. Still hurts.

Supporting Member
    Quote from the article: “ So, why didn’t Marshall get drafted yesterday? Because he’s a train wreck of a shooter.”

Wow that’s a bit harsh... He’s no Steph Curry but he is not a train wreck. He’s just not a go-to guy. I think it’s a steal as a spot up shooter he is at least average and possibly better. Not to mention he has hit some big time clutch shots. Good get for the Pels.

Tyrique should get a look today as a two way player as well.
    Shooting under 30 percent from 3 in the college game at a position you need to shoot well, sounds like a trainwreck to me.

No surprise. Will be another fringe guy and IMHO, just not enough talent to gain a spot and make a career in the NBA. Should head to Europe, play 10 years and make some dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Shooting under 30 percent from 3 in the college game at a position you need to shoot well, sounds like a trainwreck to me.
    Shot 35% from 3 as a freshman with less usage and over 70% from FT line shows some promise to not be bad. That’s not a train wreck...

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I thought he was a good but not great 3 point shooter when he took good shots. The problem was that he insisted on shooting 3-4 step back threes every game with a guy in his face. He goes down in my book as one of the most frustrating X players I've watched. Very talented and the best player on the team. Often did great things. But also frequently made bad decisions (like his step back threes). His Kenpom Offensive rating last year was just a hair above average. I think that rating accurately reflects his overall play last year.

Shot 35% from 3 as a freshman with less usage and over 70% from FT line shows some promise to not be bad. That’s not a train wreck...
    Compared to NBA peers, that is a train wreck for that position.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell