Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior

Entire 2021 NCAA tournament to be played in Indy

The NCAA announced today they are in discussions with Indiana, and Indianapolis, to host the entire NCAA tournament in Indianapolis. Using Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle, Uof I, the Fairgrounds Coliseum. And if need be, IU, Purdue, and Indiana State Arena. All of those venues are capable of accommodating social distancing requirements.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    The NCAA announced today they are in discussions with Indiana, and Indianapolis, to host the entire NCAA tournament in Indianapolis. Using Lucas Oil Stadium, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle, Uof I, the Fairgrounds Coliseum. And if need be, IU, Purdue, and Indiana State Arena. All of those venues are capable of accommodating social distancing requirements.
    As an Indy resident, I love it!!

If you live in Indy..get you place VRBO-ready and you'll be able fund your next 3 vacations!
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    If you live in Indy..get you place VRBO-ready and you'll be able fund your next 3 vacations!
    Assuming there are fans allowed....
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Heard this on radio today.
    I would be shocked if fans are allowed to see these games. I heard an analysis state this is for zero fans. Not sure.

It seems to me that they pipe crowd noise into the almost empty NFL stadiums...which works while you're watching TV as long as they don't show the stands.
    I wonder if they would do that in empty arenas for BB. Going to look/sound very strange. It'll be like you're watching a practice.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Current rules in Indy are 25% capacity. Colts staying under 25% at 12500. Butler just announced 2250.per game. Pacer and NBA haven't announced guidelines yet.

March or April are a LONG way off. If the vaccines start to get distributed in Dec/Jan, that would be a really good thing to happen

Always fun to see VD get hosed. Advantage: Butler.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Always fun to see VD get hosed. Advantage: Butler.
    +1