Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Looks like Indiana has absolutely dominated this series in the last 15-20 years?
    Yeah...ky probably has 4-5 players go d1 every year, indy I'm guessing is probably around 20 if not more I assume. So, yeah makes sense the results are the way they are...

Also btw Ky had 3-4 players that are d1 that didnt play in the game for one reason or another.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    No KY player scored in double figures so Tandy made no more than 4 shots according to Indiana newspaper
    They played 2 games, that was his total for the weekend. I think he scored 9 in each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah...ky probably has 4-5 players go d1 every year, indy I'm guessing is probably around 20 if not more I assume. So, yeah makes sense the results are the way they are...

Also btw Ky had 3-4 players that are d1 that didnt play in the game for one reason or another.
    UL's signee was out due to knee.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    UL's signee was out due to knee.
    no that was dontaie allen out with the knee, he's a UK signee. David Johnson is the UL signee and he played

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    There is a thing called AAU where he played against the best of the best and did well. Also tore up team Ohio. Kyky can play. He is a freak athlete.
    Also dropped 25 including 5 3's on Tennessee State Champs Briarcrest, which is a damn good program. Dekeyvan will be just fine. I am hoping to see a Mac McClung type player when he does see the floor but more athletic. A "gunslinger" of sorts. Reckless abandon + unshakable confidence.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-10-2019 at 03:44 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Looks like Indiana has absolutely dominated this series in the last 15-20 years?
    I am from Indy and yes Indiana has absolutely dominated this series in the past 105-20 years. It seems as though Kentucky doesn't really get into it any longer. They used to fill Freedom Hall for the game and now they play in a high school gym I think. Even Indiana drew only about 5,800 fans this year in Indy. It ain't what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Olsingledigit View Post
    I am from Indy and yes Indiana has absolutely dominated this series in the past 105-20 years. It seems as though Kentucky doesn't really get into it any longer. They used to fill Freedom Hall for the game and now they play in a high school gym I think. Even Indiana drew only about 5,800 fans this year in Indy. It ain't what it used to be.
    I read this article last week which says as much:

https://khsaa.org/is-it-time-to-end-...ll-star-games/

And compare this article to this article:

https://www.si.com/vault/1966/06/27/...een-two-states

It looks like this was a huge game or series at one point.
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I hate to hear this about the series. Grew up in Indy and was always talk of the town. Honestly, UK and IU basketball was the driver for most fans. That rivalry at the the time transcended down to HS basketball. Today unfortunately, very few Kentucky HS kids go to UK which probably contributed. Used to be a precursor of things to come.

Supporting Member
    The problem is the same problem that plagues a lot of high school basketball and college recruiting.....prep "schools" which are really basketball factories and AAU. Those two things have been extremely detrimental to many aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Xville; 06-12-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Can it also be that there are better basketball players in Indiana? Looks like Indiana has had better recruits and players over the last couple decades. Indiana is more populated right? Who is the best basketball player not named Unseld to come out of Kentucky? Rex Chapman? Serious question.