Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes.

SMU is interesting. As an institution they have a ton of money, but haven't spent as much of it on athletics as other power programs have. it's in Dallas, and they have a substantial number of millionaire alumni who are in or around the DFW area. I think they've looked at TCU and seen their basketball team make the Sweet Sixteen and crack the top 25, and their football team make the CFP, and have decided they now want to be like that. So, that's what they're doing. They're pumping a ton of money into athletics now.
    Maybe they should go after someone better than Andy Enfield!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I think SMU has the potential to be a better job than USC on the basketball side. Enfield has had a bit of success there, but USC is typically a mess in the shadow of UCLA.

Supporting Member
    Watching Kelsey’s press conference. Holy crap that guy gets it.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Yes.

SMU is interesting. As an institution they have a ton of money, but haven't spent as much of it on athletics as other power programs have. it's in Dallas, and they have a substantial number of millionaire alumni who are in or around the DFW area. I think they've looked at TCU and seen their basketball team make the Sweet Sixteen and crack the top 25, and their football team make the CFP, and have decided they now want to be like that. So, that's what they're doing. They're pumping a ton of money into athletics now.
    Legally, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I was never a fan of his because his old man is a real piece of work, but after hearing him a year or so ago on a radio program I became a fan.

Weird that I might to have to sort of, maybe, potentially, kind of, think about rooting for Louisville.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    I don't think Kelsey gets a job like OSU or Michigan yet - I was thinking more along the lines of a Vanderbilt.

Most of these mid-majors are still a huge jump to a major conference. Schools like Michigan and OSU are going to be under tremendous pressure to win right away. It will be hard for an AD to pull the trigger on a mid-major guy under that pressure.

Kelsey will probably get there eventually, but he needs success at somewhere in-between first.
    Well you were right about not getting a job like OSU or Michigan, he got an even bigger job!

I thought Kelsey could get a bigger power job but am surprised he got as big as Louisville. Hope he does well.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Well you were right about not getting a job like OSU or Michigan, he got an even bigger job!

I thought Kelsey could get a bigger power job but am surprised he got as big as Louisville. Hope he does well.
    After watching that press conference I was ready to run thru a wall. Should have hired him after Mack, hiring Steele over that guy is the dumbest thing Christopher has ever done, and he痴 done a lot of stupid with coaching decisions.

Of course I知 thrilled we got miller but man I think Kelsey is going to be putting up banners in the yum center.

After watching that press conference I was ready to run thru a wall. Should have hired him after Mack, hiring Steele over that guy is the dumbest thing Christopher has ever done, and he痴 done a lot of stupid with coaching decisions.

Of course I知 thrilled we got miller but man I think Kelsey is going to be putting up banners in the yum center.
    I root for Kelsey as an alum and GCL guy but what about his resume leads you to believe he will hang banners? I知 shocked Louisville hired him. Hope it works out.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    I root for Kelsey as an alum and GCL guy but what about his resume leads you to believe he will hang banners? I’m shocked Louisville hired him. Hope it works out.
    Because he’s won everywhere he’s been and plays a very exciting brand of basketball offensively and with in your face d. Now he’s going to get the resources in order to get the players he needs to get to that next level and as I said with an appealing brand of bb that the elite players love.

Yeah he’s not been at a big time program and that makes some people crumble, he doesn’t strike me as the type that will.