Page 44 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    HS late signing period is April 17-May 15

I haven’t read of any HS players expected to sign with X during this period, but it would surprise me if there wasn’t at least one. I’d guess that many are waiting until they see what transfers end up where before they commit. I do know that according to the Verbal Commits site that they have a lot of offers out there. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see a JC player in the mix.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Xavier is right. You are a troll.
    Yep. Had fun making him fumble all over the place in our debates this year but thought it was too distracting to threads so stopped doing it. Maybe over summer when people are less interested in actual discussion I’ll do it again. But for now, people don’t want to read through a page and a half of nonsense.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    HS late signing period is April 17-May 15

I haven’t read of any HS players expected to sign with X during this period, but it would surprise me if there wasn’t at least one. I’d guess that many are waiting until they see what transfers end up where before they commit. I do know that according to the Verbal Commits site that they have a lot of offers out there. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see a JC player in the mix.
    All I know is Miller has his work cut out for him if he is going to get this program back into the NCAA tournament next year. We will be lucky to get much production from Free or Hunter given their injuries and he is basically building a whole new squad minus a couple of hold overs. Not sure how the fans will react if this program misses two consecutive NCAA tournaments in a row. He has to hit on his portal gets this spring especially in the front court if we have any shot of dancing next March. I am glad Miller is at the helm of a second consecutive rebuild but building through the portal is risky business. Hope it works out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yep. Had fun making him fumble all over the place in our debates this year but thought it was too distracting to threads so stopped doing it. Maybe over summer when people are less interested in actual discussion I’ll do it again. But for now, people don’t want to read through a page and a half of nonsense.
    That wasnt a debate. that was like playing catch with a dog. You always come back with the ball and every now and then I fake it.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily assume Miller is happy about every single player who has left. Some/most: Sure. But it's a two-way street.
    I can’t believe he did not want to keep Lazar. He had potential. . But Lazar probably wanted more minutes to ready himself for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    This team was the worst in the modern era of Xavier basketball. Not surprised to see most of them go. I am however surprised that Miller only brought in 1 player in the class of 2024. Never thought this program would require this much surgery to get back on track but atleast Miller isn’t keeping dead weight.
    Why bring in Freshmen - most Freshmen don’t contribute but if you find a quick learner he will have a big value in the portal. I’m resigned to essentially an entirely new team every year until a salary cap or transfer limit is figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    X has always needed a player named Xavier just because
    But does he pronounce it correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    That wasnt a debate. that was like playing catch with a dog. You always come back with the ball and every now and then I fake it.
    You waste people's time with your bullshit.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    All I know is Miller has his work cut out for him if he is going to get this program back into the NCAA tournament next year. We will be lucky to get much production from Free or Hunter given their injuries and he is basically building a whole new squad minus a couple of hold overs. Not sure how the fans will react if this program misses two consecutive NCAA tournaments in a row. He has to hit on his portal gets this spring especially in the front court if we have any shot of dancing next March. I am glad Miller is at the helm of a second consecutive rebuild but building through the portal is risky business. Hope it works out for us.
    I wonder if Miller and the coaching staff feel like all the old rules in recruiting have changed and the new rules are not yet clear. I think you're right and we have our work cut out for us. Will be interesting to watch.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I wonder if Miller and the coaching staff feel like all the old rules in recruiting have changed and the new rules are not yet clear. I think you're right and we have our work cut out for us. Will be interesting to watch.
    I think D1 college sports and college basketball in general are a complete mess. First, why would you open the transfer portal before the tournament season is over? Just dumb decision making. Just wait until a hot shot player at a mid-major leaves mid way through the NCAA tournament to secure a big NIL contract at a big school. Second, NIL from what I have read wasn’t created to force schools to create NIL collections to pay recruits and players to make and keep them within the program. I am all for players making money but not in the way that has created a MLB like free agency. Now you have programs like James Madison who did well this season being absolutely gutted by the all mighty dollar. Players can jump from program to program without penalty to chase the highest dollar. How is that helping the student athlete get and complete their education NCAA? I love Xavier basketball and still watch when I can with a young family but it is hard to support D1 sports in general based on the wild Wild West approach to the transfer portal and NIL. Thankfully I live near a D2 program that I got my masters from that I can support without all of this NIL nonsense and limited transfer portal stuff.