Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ugh. You seriously don’t have a clue. Just accept the fact that you were wrong and we can move on. I know plenty about morants prep career which is why I brought it up. The guy was a stud, he was not a late bloomer.. it’s that he didn’t play the aau circuit much and when he did it was with a team that had just been created (with Zion who then left quickly for a more prominent team) people didn’t know about him. That is in stark contrast to McMillan who has played aau, played in a major city that is extremely easy to get to, and he has been completely exposed against said aau competition and hasn’t gotten any better since freshman year. He’s not athletic nor good enough for high d 1 ball.. Morant always was
    Do you have cement in your cranium? These national prep ranking sites are big business. They employ huge staffs and are considered EXPERTS in evaluating prep talent. Not to mention the COACHING STAFFS of any given top program. But you being you, flip the bird to these professionals and proceed to perch on your ridiculous soap box, reeking of hindsight!

Ja Morant was on NO ONES RADAR in high D1. You're a fool for claiming otherwise.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Please explain why essentially every D1 coach passed on him? Certainly wasn’t because of grades? You clearly think the guy is a stud……..is there a logical reason why he didn’t have options?
    I have followed Paul IV for half a decade. He has done nothing but kick ass and take names the entire time.....not just in scoring but in any other meaningful metric.

Paul is a Cincy guy from my general neighborhood growing up. I am an everything Cincinnati guy.....just in case anyone wonders my extensive posts.

CPS basketball, as well as all large city Ohio Public School competition is far superior to any rural county competition. Since when does an Ohio HS POY (who happened to break all time records), not get High D1 interests?

It has to be personal/family aspirations for the future. Who knows, the guy may not want basketball to be his future.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-13-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Do you have cement in your cranium? These national prep ranking sites are big business. They employ huge staffs and are considered EXPERTS in evaluating prep talent. Not to mention the COACHING STAFFS of any given top program. But you being you, flip the bird to these professionals and proceed to perch on your ridiculous soap box, reeking of hindsight!

Ja Morant was on NO ONES RADAR in high D1. You're a fool for claiming otherwise.
    Yet those same talent evaluators think very differently than you when it comes to McMillan. So I guess you are the one with cement in the cranium.

I already explained why morant wasn’t on anyones radar. You clearly are very behind the times when it comes to how players are evaluated and scouted. Ill give ya a hint, it’s very rare they are scouted while playing for their high school teams. Why would they do that, when they can scout hundreds of 4 and 5 star players at an aau tournament?

You can call me every name in the book that you want, but it’s very clear you don’t know how these things actually work nowadays.

Supporting Member
    I have followed Paul IV for half a decade. He has done nothing but kick ass and take names the entire time.....not just in scoring but in any other meaningful metric.

Paul is a Cincy guy from my general neighborhood growing up. I am an everything Cincinnati guy.....just in case anyone wonders my extensive posts.

CPS basketball, as well as all large city Ohio Public School competition is far superior to any rural county competition. Since when does an Ohio HS POY (who happened to break all time records), not get High D1 interests?

It has to be personal/family aspirations for the future. Who knows, the guy may not want basketball be his future.
    Voncameron davis.. who is at Kent state.

Yet those same talent evaluators think very differently than you when it comes to McMillan. So I guess you are the one with cement in the cranium.

I already explained why morant wasn’t on anyones radar. You clearly are very behind the times when it comes to how players are evaluated and scouted. Ill give ya a hint, it’s very rare they are scouted while playing for their high school teams. Why would they do that, when they can scout hundreds of 4 and 5 star players at an aau tournament?

You can call me every name in the book that you want, but it’s very clear you don’t know how these things actually work nowadays.
    Wow, from what I can tell, you have proved to be someone that doesn't need to be "explaining" anything to anyone here. I am positive you are clueless and just weave together BS to look informed. I am thinking you are an arrogant youngster that knows jack shit.

Are you telling me, AND everyone here, that D1 Coaching Staffs DO NOT scout recruits during High School games? That's exactly what you appear to be saying. You almost seem to lack the very basics of the process, because that is TOP PRIORITY for ALL staffs to evaluate said talent and establish personnel relationships.

(waiting for you to shamelessly back track)
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-13-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Wrong again.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...cmillan-260081

It's almost like we're talking about a different guy!

https://playeroftheyear.gatorade.com...an%20iv/39028#!
    Have you ever watched him play? And one more question, college coaches have huge egos so they will overlook any obstacles if they think the player is good. Why did all of the top schools stop recruiting him? Why did UC’s new staff never offer? And Please don’t blame his dad.

Sophomore
    Not sure I understand the hate. Wish Paul all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Not sure I understand the hate. Wish Paul all the best.
    I don’t think it is hate it’s pointing out to why he ended up where he did and that it’s probably a good fit. People are saying he ended up where he did because his dad is over the top and I don’t think think that is fair to the kid. I hope he does well but college athletics are tough. Talent will take you places and it’s cut throat. Coaches will take any kid if they can help them win. By all accounts Paul is a good kid and a good student. I am sure he will do well in life with or without basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Have you ever watched him play? And one more question, college coaches have huge egos so they will overlook any obstacles if they think the player is good. Why did all of the top schools stop recruiting him? Why did UC’s new staff never offer? And Please don’t blame his dad.
    Yes. I grew up in Norwood. I was taking care of my Mother at the old homestead (5309 Warren Ave.) and went down to Woodward on several occasions.
    Never saw him score less than 27. Nothing but COMPLETE DOMINANCE in all phases.

What can I say?