Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Man, Cesare with a WORLD CLASS old school 'FRO!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=241j8RPB3as

And Elijah not to be out done sporting his own look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHgNp_6uhTE

Instant members of the XU HAIR HOF!!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

"Hair' apparents
    2023 Sweet 16

What I see (just from that one game) of Edwards is a big who can make midrange and 3s, but isn’t overly impressive with his defense or with his rebounding. It appears (just gauging by this one game) he doesn’t seem to like playing near the basket much on defense. That’s going to have to change. We badly need bigs who defend well in the paint and gobble up rebounds. I think that will need to be project #1 for Steele and staff to take on.

I remember not too many years ago how much better “the team” became once the coaches decided to have Farr stick closer to the basket and concentrate more on defending in the paint and grabbing rebounds.
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-29-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    What I see (just from that one game) of Edwards is a big who can make midrange and 3s, but isn’t overly impressive with his defense or with his rebounding. It appears (just gauging by this one game) he doesn’t seem to like playing near the basket much on defense. That’s going to have to change. We badly need bigs who defend well in the paint and gobble up rebounds. I think that will need to be project #1 for Steele and staff to take on.

I remember not too many years ago how much better “the team” became once the coaches decided to have Farr stick closer to the basket and concentrate more on defending in the paint and grabbing rebounds.
    Yes and with the OCCASIONAL 3 attempt

A Rivals writer just listed Tucker as his choice for player that will be given another star when the rankings are redone. Says he has been averaging a double-double agains very good condition. They also list him as 6’8” now.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post

More recent evidence to back this up.

He does have a smooth looking stroke with a high release, but sems disinterested on the defensive end.....not much "energy".

Both Edwards and Tucker are in the Rivals top 150 list, right around the 105-115 range. Looking at the list, there are A LOT of players in the top 100 that are going to BE schools, a lot! It’s probably going to continue to be a very strong league.

HOWEVER....because of COVID and so many programs either being shut down or playing without any fans in attendance, these rankings are even more suspect than ever before. Kids haven’t been able to play as much as they have in the past, and recruiters and fans haven’t been able to see them play in person hardly at all. I suspect that we will see a lot of “busts” and a lot of “surprises” our of the 21 class. So my advice is to take these rankings with a grain of salt.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    More recent evidence to back this up.

He does have a smooth looking stroke with a high release, but sems disinterested on the defensive end.....not much "energy".
    I had the same reaction after watching the video. He seems a step behind and very disinterested in playing defense in video. Edwards and Tucker both dropped in the latest 247 recruiting rankings. Edwards dropped to 110 and Tucker dropped to 168. Looks like both of our signing for this class will be projects when they come to Xavier based on the videos I have seen. Hope Steele can get the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Both Edwards and Tucker are in the Rivals top 150 list, right around the 105-115 range. Looking at the list, there are A LOT of players in the top 100 that are going to BE schools, a lot! It’s probably going to continue to be a very strong league.
    Here's the newly updated Rivals 150.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2021

Yes, lots of elite talent heading to the BEast. Look at the jump Marquette's Big made! And they have another 6'9" 4* coming in. MU is really building something special....those guys along with Garcia and Lewis are going to be a nightmare frontcourt very soon.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 01-12-2021 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I had the same reaction after watching the video. He seems a step behind and very disinterested in playing defense in video. Edwards and Tucker both dropped in the latest 247 recruiting rankings. Edwards dropped to 110 and Tucker dropped to 168. Looks like both of our signing for this class will be projects when they come to Xavier based on the videos I have seen. Hope Steele can get the best out of them.
    Nope. Edwards is currently 98 in 247 rankings, which represents a 3 spot rise. Tucker is currently at 123, which is a 4 spot jump. You're looking at the composite rankings, which also lists the 247 ranking underneath that ranking. Be better
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo