Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kirvin View Post
    Again--Thobe and I did not play 4 years. Freshmen had to play on Freshmen team. Our 3 year average combined 15.5 pts per game. Realize in our time no 3 pt shot, no shot clock and only 25-26 games per year. Both Jack and I could bury shots from outside. Dare say what our averages and total pts. would of been-

Again..I rest my case -
    Have you compared your 15.5 per game to other scoring duos that have come through Xavier...or are you resting your case on your belief you were the best? I’d be surprised if this is the best of all time. With all due respect to you and Jack, of course.

I will look into this when I have time, but it’s tough to believe we didn’t have a duo that averaged more than 15.5 in the years since Bill hung up his Chuck Taylor’s.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    DEXTER BAILEY ’84
    love me some DB!

3 - ROMAIN SATO, 2,005

Amazing to look at this list.

As a senior, Romain Sato averaged 8 rebounds a game. You look at the points presented above with respect, and you should. But Jesus Christ, that man got 8 rebounds a game playing at the 2 guard. The kid was off the hook. One of the most underrated Muskies of all time. He scored, he rebounded, he did everything but make my bed. And he could probably do that better than I could, because everything he did was top notch. Brought us to our first ELITE EIGHT.

What an amazing man. Not as good as DEX mind you, but Sato was incredible.
    Romain Sato will always be one of my favorite players ever. Great ball player and a real class act on and off the court.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Brown and Lumpkin played all four years together and totaled 3392 pts. More than West and Sato who only played 3 years together, as did Sato and Chalmers.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Brown and Lumpkin played all four years together and totaled 3392 pts. More than West and Sato who only played 3 years together, as did Sato and Chalmers.
    Gary Lumpkin may be the most surprising name on the list; and when you throw in James Posey & 3 years' of Darnell Williams there is major production.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

3 - ROMAIN SATO, 2,005

Amazing to look at this list.

As a senior, Romain Sato averaged 8 rebounds a game. You look at the points presented above with respect, and you should. But Jesus Christ, that man got 8 rebounds a game playing at the 2 guard. The kid was off the hook. One of the most underrated Muskies of all time. He scored, he rebounded, he did everything but make my bed. And he could probably do that better than I could, because everything he did was top notch. Brought us to our first ELITE EIGHT.

What an amazing man. Not as good as DEX mind you, but Sato was incredible.
    Probably my favorite player ever.

I think he deserves to have his number retired. He's 3rd all-time in scoring and 8th all-time in rebounding. Pretty sure he holds the record for most three pointers too.

He was 6'3 1/2 and was one of the best rebounder ever to play at X. He led X to first Elite Eight ever. He defended the opponent's best player night in and night out.

He was a true warrior. Retire #10!!

I have tried to find 2 players that can top Brown/Lumpkin's 3392, with no success. So Tre/JP look good to surpass that......Go X!!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Gary Lumpkin may be the most surprising name on the list; and when you throw in James Posey & 3 years' of Darnell Williams there is major production.
    And relatively little Tournament success to show for it. But what a team they were to watch. Loved taking the bus over to the Gardens to watch those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I have tried to find 2 players that can top Brown/Lumpkin's 3392, with no success. So Tre/JP look good to surpass that......Go X!!
    It’s on the game day guide Chris Mack tweeted out.

Sato/Chalmers- 3561
    Brown/Lumpkin- 3392
    Larkin/Campbell- 3058
    Holloway/Frease- 2936
    Gladden/Williams- 2853
    Burrell/Duncan- 2822

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Have you compared your 15.5 per game to other scoring duos that have come through Xavier...or are you resting your case on your belief you were the best? I’d be surprised if this is the best of all time. With all due respect to you and Jack, of course.

I will look into this when I have time, but it’s tough to believe we didn’t have a duo that averaged more than 15.5 in the years since Bill hung up his Chuck Taylor’s.
    How about we use the comparison of our 2nd and 3rd scorer of all time (Sato and West) who overlapped for 3 years. During those 3 years Sato and West combined for 3442 points over 194 games.

That is a 17.74 pts/game average.

I don't see how any other tandem has a higher 3 year scoring average than that in our history since Sato/West are 2nd/3rd all time in points and happen to be together 3 or their 4 years.

This all comparing apples and oranges, though. The article is only talking about players that played together for 4 years, so the Sato/West and Bill/Jack examples while both impressive just don't apply.