Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    I have a problem with direct taxation of citizens for sports stadiums. When they're done via Tax Increment Financing (like is being planned here), where only money from increased value of land improved around the stadium is going to stadium construction, I have WAY less of a problem. That actually makes sense, since it's using the tax money generated by the stadium to pay off the stadium (vs. increasing taxes or dipping into other programs/funds).

I genuinely see that as a win-win.
    I'd agree with that. But correct me if I'm wrong, only Newport is proposing that currently correct?

I've heard rumors that once the stadiums are paid off, the sales tax will just continue and will be used to pay off the soccer stadium ifffff the stadium is put in Hamilton County.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'd agree with that. But correct me if I'm wrong, only Newport is proposing that currently correct?

I've heard rumors that once the stadiums are paid off, the sales tax will just continue and will be used to pay off the soccer stadium ifffff the stadium is put in Hamilton County.
    I haven't seen or heard any type of a plan from the Ohio side of things. Any comment I have seen from city council on the subject is something to the effect of:

"No"

"NO"

"F*CK NO"

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I haven't seen or heard any type of a plan from the Ohio side of things. Any comment I have seen from city council on the subject is something to the effect of:

"No"

"NO"

"F*CK NO"
    City council doesn't control the county sales tax.

Not that county commissioners are much better, but city council is more or less 9 baboons in a room when it comes to estimates, building stuff on time and on budget, and not putting the city in the hole millions of dollars with any of their projects.

Everything I've heard is that the same plan (Tax Increment Financing) is being considered on both sides of the river. The only difference between the two is that Kentucky already has said-district in place because there is a developer already starting work on plans to redevelop the site, whereas the Hamilton County Commissioners would have to pass one for any site north of the river.

Supporting Member
    Tickets seem to be moving quickly for the Fire game next Wednesday. Hopefully they have to open the upper deck again.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Tickets seem to be moving quickly for the Fire game next Wednesday. Hopefully they have to open the upper deck again.
    Over 9k already.

Hmmm...

FC Kentucky??

Kentucky FC??

KFC??

This all may be an ingenious marketing ploy that's happening right in front of us, but that we're not actually seeing!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Hmmm...

FC Kentucky??

Kentucky FC??

KFC??

This all may be an ingenious marketing ploy that's happening right in front of us, but that we're not actually seeing!!!
    They will be changing their name to the FC Newport Cigs. Green/White/Orange color scheme.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

On the Cincinnati side it could be CFC.
    Then Snipe could give us a long talk on climate change taking over sports.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

There's talk on Twitter that ESPN is going to carry the game against the Fire. Could be a national broadcast on ESPN2. How amazing would that be?