View Poll Results: Who was the best performer in our 1/27 matchup at Georgetown?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Myles Davis

44 83.02%
  • Matt Stainbrook

2 3.77%
  • Remy Abell

7 13.21%
  • Other (please tell why in the thread)

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DSR will probably get BE POY and Remy shut him down twice. HUGE
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    DSR will probably get BE POY and Remy shut him down twice. HUGE
    I don't know about "shut him down." DSR averaged 15.5 ppg in both games against us. I would say Remy contained him and/or didn't allow DSR to beat us, which DSR is certainly capable of doing.

With all due respect to the great job by Remy, the way Myles took over the primary ball handling duties when Dee was out (or helped when he was in), plus the obvious stats, put him over the top for me. I thought of him much more of a shooter and less of a "get it up the floor against pressure guy" in the past, but that's been changing.

All-Conference
    I gotta go with Myles...him stepping up his game IN A SMART WAY has improved this team.

Honorary Steel Ballz Award - Georgetown

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    I don't know about "shut him down." DSR averaged 15.5 ppg in both games against us. I would say Remy contained him and/or didn't allow DSR to beat us, which DSR is certainly capable of doing.
    All points are not equal. Remy kept DSR from being a factor in both games. DSR didn't even score until the 2nd half yesterday. Remy played outstanding D against DSR in both games, which contributed significantly to both wins (not a coincidence...). Debating whether it was "shutdown" D misses the point.

All-Conference
    Agreed...by the time DSR got some juice, it was too late. He hit a couple late second half threes that gave them some hope, but that was the extent of it.

I'll take Stainbrook for his ability to control Smith for the second time this year. He had the toughest job on the floor and handled it well.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    All points are not equal. Remy kept DSR from being a factor in both games. DSR didn't even score until the 2nd half yesterday. Remy played outstanding D against DSR in both games, which contributed significantly to both wins (not a coincidence...). Debating whether it was "shutdown" D misses the point.
    Good point. Agreed.

Myles Davis is a completely different player. He takes it to the rim hard. He's going up strong and drawing fouls and we have known he can knock down his freebies. So now he has an arsenal.....not just deadly from long range.

Add to all that being the vocal leader of this team and Chris Mack has a big time weapon. Other players will respect him much more because not only is he leading vocally.....but now he's leading by example on the court (25 and 19 in the last 2 games).

What a transformation from year one to two. Hope he keeps it up because he is fun to watch. I like the head shaved too.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    Also, DSR was not very efficient in this game, with an offensive rating of 79 (100 is a point per possession). That's different from the last game, where he was actually pretty efficient (109) at an extremely high usage rate, though I think once again, he didn't really start scoring until Xavier had a bit of a lead in the second half.