Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    So even if we made the Final Four last year, it would have been vacated. Blueitt was taking payments his whole senior season? Whether the coach knew or not, that's an ineligible player, right?

Yes. He would have been ineligible. I can see him entering this agreement on his own without the school being involved. If Jacob Evans from uc and blueitt were ineligible, did the shootout happen?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Yes. He would have been ineligible. I can see him entering this agreement on his own without the school being involved. If Jacob Evans from uc and blueitt were ineligible, did the shootout happen?
    No. A tree would fall on them in the forest.

Let's pump the brakes a little bit here and take a deep breath. Nowhere in that article does it mention that any of the payments actually went through. The only thing that is mentioned in that article is the PLAN Dawkins had for payment. He essentially outlined what he was seeking to do, but there is no evidence anything actually was transferred. Is it a bummer Xavier's name is mentioned several times? Of course. However, there are no specific violations mentioned in this article; if anything, it details how little the players and coaches actually knew.

Supporting Member
    Although at this point it is just alleged, that's why I get pissed with the holier than though people on here that believe xavier players would never get involved in such a thing. I bet this stuff occurs or occurred at every major p5 program a d tur big east.

Quote Originally Posted by WestToBest View Post
    Let's pump the brakes a little bit here and take a deep breath. Nowhere in that article does it mention that any of the payments actually went through. The only thing that is mentioned in that article is the PLAN Dawkins had for payment. He essentially outlined what he was seeking to do, but there is no evidence anything actually was transferred. Is it a bummer Xavier's name is mentioned several times? Of course. However, there are no specific violations mentioned in this article; if anything, it details how little the players and coaches actually knew.
    That's what I told my buddy when he sent me the link. These are all proposed payments. No where did it say the transactions occurred

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There are several paths that this can go on from here. Most of them are scary. So far all we have are allegations and plans. I am primarily an innocent until proven guilty type of person, but the more I see Xavier and it’s players names coming up in these stories, the more worried I am getting. I’m certainly not blind to the temptation that money like that mentioned means to a college student, especially when they think that everyone else is getting it and that there is no way that they will get caught, but I certainly hope that none of the players or coaches were actually involved in anything. However, I would no longer be shocked if it turns out they were. Disappointed for sure. Possibly angry. But not shocked. That in itself is a sad commentary, no?

Well, it makes me sad for sure. Our players go through a lot of training to guard against this stuff, including the freshmen clinic deal held by the BE.
    I don't see Duke or UNC in that article, and maybe the focus was more on the not one-and-done type players.

I so enjoyed watching Bluiett and Sumner play for our school. This just sucks on a lot of levels.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    My hope is that if Bluiett took money that he got a lot more than $700.00/month. Seems way too low for the possible consequences for both him and his alma mater.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

All-Conference
    For what it's worth, it bothers me zero if he got paid.

The system is corrupt and the last person I'd fault is the player.