Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier2015 View Post
    Hes staying.
    1) He just bought a sweet new pad last summer
    2) Louisville uncertainties
    3) Rumor has it he does not like fanbase criticism. Would be 100x worse at Louisville
    4) Who wants to be that close to in laws?
    Let’s not gloss over #4, the things money can’t buy or fix.

Bringing this back to the top because he's not leaving.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

The banks not looking so hot.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    The banks not looking so hot.
    Hopefully it's FDIC insured!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Hopefully it's FDIC insured!
    But for a limit far less than the Brinks truck approaching the Mack household....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Really, just how much financial security do you need? For future generations? He's going to be making gobs of money no matter what. His children are ALREADY going to be set for life. You really think he's looking at 2-3 generations down the line......
    I dont know what you do or what you make but if your competitor offers you 2 or 3 times your salary you are gone hands down. If you own a business and you're offered a significant buy out you are gone. Why would you think Mack is different

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I dont know what you do or what you make but if your competitor offers you 2 or 3 times your salary you are gone hands down. If you own a business and you're offered a significant buy out you are gone. Why would you think Mack is different
    No one can honestly argue that. I would be shocked if UL offers 2x what X offers. Let’s say X offers 3, that means UL would need to offer 6. Which would make Mack the 5th highest paid coach in all of CBB. I’d be shocked if they went this high, especially with “so many UL fans not being sold on Mack” as has been discussed by other UL fans on this board.

The point of discussion is when the spread is much tighter. Let’s say the offers are X @ $3M and UL @ 4M, but higher incentives at UL. This is the range I think the offers lie and why it hasn’t been settled one way or another yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post

Not necessarily....I’ve actually changed jobs and taken a significant pay cut. I was more interested in being a part of families life and in reducing my commuting time and working time by several hours a week, than I was in making tons of money. Best decision I ever made. It was a decision I made when I was in my 40’s. I might not have made the same decision when I was in my 30’s. Money can’t buy you happiness. It’s not like Mack isn’t going to make more money than he probably ever imagined if he stays a X. He is a rich man either way.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Not necessarily....I’ve actually changed jobs and taken a significant pay cut. I was more interested in being a part of families life and in reducing my commuting time and working time by several hours a week, than I was in making tons of money. Best decision I ever made. It was a decision I made when I was in my 40’s. I might not have made the same decision when I was in my 30’s. Money can’t buy you happiness. It’s not like Mack isn’t going to make more money than he probably ever imagined if he stays a X. He is a rich man either way.
    Exactly my point. If the offers are “close” it comes down to how much does he value his life here in NKY. And none of us know that or could blame him for leaving if the offers aren’t close.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Bingo. Public reps. The man is holding me down.