Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Regardless of what happens with Curtis, Beverly, Franklin, etc., though, this makes me feel much better about the point guard position long term. An impact player at that position starting in 2020 eases the tension on recruiting for sure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    Pretty sure Shannon got it wrong, because he was playing on the ATL Celtics 16u team this summer.
    I think the cutoff for AAU basketball is August 31st. His birthday, per his twitter bio, is November 8th. So because he turned 17 after the cutoff date, he can still play 16Us.

But maybe Shannon did get it wrong, not sure.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    From everything I've read, I am under the impression Curtis decommitted largely because of lack of potential playing time at the 1 as a freshman. With a 2020 top 50 kid in the fold, I think landing Curtis is even less likely. Just seems like he'd rather being in a situation with less competition for playing time.
    You'll be hard pressed to go to any good high major school and get playing time as a freshman at point guard. Ohio State is supposed to be high on his list and they just signed DJ Carton

Also, I've heard he de-committed because he thought he may get offers from Ohio State or Indiana, which wouldn't be places where the competition is any less fierce

For 16u, the age rule is "A player can be no older than 16 on August 31, 2018," I just looked it up. So shannon did indeed have his age wrong in her article.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to go to any good high major school and get playing time as a freshman at point guard. Ohio State is supposed to be high on his list and they just signed DJ Carton

Also, I've heard he de-committed because he thought he may get offers from Ohio State or Indiana, which wouldn't be places where the competition is any less fierce
    I agree with this, if you want to play for a top program, you're most likely not just going to waltz in and have a starting job handed to you unless you are a one and done talent. Samari, though very good, is not a one and done talent, he should expect to have to be in a position battle. Especially considering point guard is a pretty tough transition from HS to college due to the speed of the game and increase in athleticism. Hell, look at Q when he was thrown into the fire, he looked lost at first.

A few years ago when Gates was playing for St Francis HS I went down and watched him play as I had a buddy who lived close by.
    Met his family, the coaches, etc. and was impressed by the school, and especially Kaiser's family.

Didn't notice till now that it is the same place Odom plays. (and someone noted Odom is Kaiser's cousin)
    I have this vague memory of meeting some of the staff and someone had a Xavier connection. Don't remember who or exactly what the connection was.
    Not sure if the individual had gone to X or what.
    But they do get good talent at that school, and I'm glad Kaiser apparently put in a good word for X.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I'm watching a few times over. I don't see an XU tat. Just the t-shirt.

Not that anything of these sites matter, but he is NOT on top 100 on any rankings. He is 129 on 247 sports and then it shows 40 in nation. So it is all a mess. Hope he commits with King!

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I'm watching a few times over. I don't see an XU tat. Just the t-shirt.
    Looked like there might have been one on his right pec.

I’ve gotten to dread when these commit threads pop back up.....