WF basketball assistant throws fatal punch

So this guy taps on his windshield because he thinks Jones is his Uber driver, and Jones kills the guy? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    So this guy taps on his windshield because he thinks Jones is his Uber driver, and Jones kills the guy? Yikes.
    not that it makes it much better (especially since he fled), but some other articles i found paint a more vivid picture.

Guy was highly intoxicated and banged on multiple car windows
    A local resident confronted him and was punched by the guy who died
    Jones got out of his car after this happened and clocked the guy

https://nypost.com/2018/08/09/wake-f...ck-on-tourist/

Well, that does make it significantly better. Not great, but better.

Certainly no intent to kill anyone. This kind of stuff happens all the time and the worst that comes from it is a shiner and bloody nose. Extremely sad........to say the least.

Junior
    How about call 911? There are cops all around NYC, on the streets.

I mean that's a fit of rage to throw a punch that actually kills a guy, good lord. That's a bad look no matter how you spin it, and he just didn't handle the situation well, everybody makes mistakes, and I get that, but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I mean that's a fit of rage to throw a punch that actually kills a guy, good lord. That's a bad look no matter how you spin it, and he just didn't handle the situation well, everybody makes mistakes, and I get that, but damn.
    Well the story says that part of this was the impact of the victim's head hitting the ground AFTER the punch was landed.........I'm not condoning it at all.....just saying that's part of what contributed to the death

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Well the story says that part of this was the impact of the victim's head hitting the ground AFTER the punch was landed.........I'm not condoning it at all.....just saying that's part of what contributed to the death
    Well yeah, obviously the impact did the damage, but still, it's gotta be a pretty damn hard punch to have someone land with that type of force. Granted, I don't know what the pavement or anything was like, there could have been some rocks or something jutting out, but I still thought it must have been a helluva blow to cause that.