Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Other MB Games

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Expansion has little to do with the results on the court.
    Yes, true. And it will likely happen at some point. Just need to hope the conference makes the right additions when the time comes.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes, true. And it will likely happen at some point. Just need to hope the conference makes the right additions when the time comes.
    If it happens at some point, then it means they did not make the right decision.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    If it happens at some point, then it means they did not make the right decision.
    Possibly.

I dont necessarily think it happens anytime soon but never is a long time. At some point the conference will change in some way and it may be in conjunction with other changes within the NCAA and/or other conferences. It is impossible to say it wouldn't be the right decision when we dont even know the future circumstances.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

If they can find a way to make Gonzaga work, it would be the right decision. If they can find a way to make UConn work, it would be the right decision.

Other than that, there's nothing good that can come of expansion in the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If they can find a way to make Gonzaga work, it would be the right decision. If they can find a way to make UConn work, it would be the right decision.

Other than that, there's nothing good that can come of expansion in the forseeable future.
    Totally agree, it's all dependent on whether we get quality conference members that can push the needle forward, we're in a good position to be relatively selective on who we allow into the Big East, so I doubt they make a rushed lapse of a decision in that regards.

/endthread

UConn is seemingly always looking for home and homes, so if we really want to play them then we probably pretty much can whenever we want to.

UConn just strikes me as being radioactive. I know their history gives value to their brand name (for now), and I admit that I like Hurley as a coach, but nevertheless their basketball team has been NITish at best in recent years. No senior department members were actually there the last time UConn was good at basketball. David Benedict came from Auburn, and (seems to) care more about football and hockey than basketball, and BOY do they suck at both of those! They're also about a gazillion dollars in debt, and just a few months ago decided to build a new hockey arena on campus. They're estimating it will cost $45 million. It will almost assuredly cost more than that. They just don't strike me as being the UConn that of old that could help the Big East. And, yeah, I don't like the idea of 11 teams either, but even if I did I'd be squeamish about UConn right now.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Indiana managed to lose to Purdue at home despite Carsen Edwards going 4-24 from the floor (0-10 from 3). That's pretty brutal.

Saw that. Yikes

Indiana managed to lose to Purdue at home despite Carsen Edwards going 4-24 from the floor (0-10 from 3). That's pretty brutal.
    Bourdreaux played 3 mins and had 1 personal foul and 0's across the board. I know he had some injuries at some point but I am sure he isnt giving Purdue what they may have thought they would be getting from him.