Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    What should be interesting is when the NCAA waives the sit out rule. Voting on this was supposed to happen in April. Not sure anyone knows if this vote and discussion will be delayed based off current situation.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    What should be interesting is when the NCAA waives the sit out rule. Voting on this was supposed to happen in April. Not sure anyone knows if this vote and discussion will be delayed based off current situation.
    We really need to not rely on multiple transfers per year. One a year is fine but more than one shows that this team is not very stable in recruiting and developing the players that we have. I hope this is the last year where we have to look at multiple grad transfers.

Its really tough to keep 13 kids committed and on a roster full time. I too would like to see more player development and recruiting stabilize. It's been way too inconsistent with Xavier the last 5 years. On the flip side, I don't mind an occasional transfer if the fit is right.

I get the need for multiple transfers the past few seasons, even if some were not quite BE level. Unfortunately, they just needed bodies. Let’s hope we are done with having to just add bodies because a lack of enough good recruits landed.

I have to admit that I love the idea of adding transfers when there is enough to show that the player could be special- like Hankins or this guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wth...o-xavier%3famp

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I get the need for multiple transfers the past few seasons, even if some were not quite BE level. Unfortunately, they just needed bodies. Let’s hope we are done with having to just add bodies because a lack of enough good recruits landed.

I have to admit that I love the idea of adding transfers when there is enough to show that the player could be special- like Hankins or this guy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wth...o-xavier%3famp
    I think if we add guys it would be for guys that will be juniors with 2 years left to play, since Dontarius is the only guy slated to be a junior, and of course maybe 1 grad if both Paul and Naji leave to balance out the classes. Let’s say both Paul and Naji leave and if they don’t add anyone, Xavier would have 5 guys that will he freshman eligibility wise, two sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior. That’s only 9 scholarship players and no one knows if Ramsey will be healthy. Going in to next year with only 8 healthy scholarship players would not be good. I think it would be important to add at least 1 junior and 1 senior. It would really help if either Paul or Naji returns. I think Paul is much more likely.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I think if we add guys it would be for guys that will be juniors with 2 years left to play, since Dontarius is the only guy slated to be a junior, and of course maybe 1 grad if both Paul and Naji leave to balance out the classes. Let’s say both Paul and Naji leave and if they don’t add anyone, Xavier would have 5 guys that will he freshman eligibility wise, two sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior. That’s only 9 scholarship players and no one knows if Ramsey will be healthy. Going in to next year with only 8 healthy scholarship players would not be good. I think it would be important to add at least 1 junior and 1 senior. It would really help if either Paul or Naji returns. I think Paul is much more likely.
    Alonzo Gaffney is transferring from Ohio State. Big highly ranked forward out of Cleveland. I wonder if Steele will take a look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Alonzo Gaffney is transferring from Ohio State. Big highly ranked forward out of Cleveland. I wonder if Steele will take a look at him.

MOR
    Any info on him since he is from your area

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    We really need to not rely on multiple transfers per year. One a year is fine but more than one shows that this team is not very stable in recruiting and developing the players that we have. I hope this is the last year where we have to look at multiple grad transfers.
    I think it's kind of going to be the norm moving forward with the Transfer Portal making things a lot easier for kids to gauge interest from other schools, I don't think a lot of recruits are gonna stay around and try to develop and "earn their minutes" so to speak. However, I do also think the last few years on the recruiting front have been a bit of an anomaly with all kinds of roster turnover and what not, so I do think it'll stabilize a bit moving forward. Ultimately, I agree with IM4X in which we just need bodies, that way we can run scrimmages and live game situations in practices, etc.

Gaffney is not transferring. He’s leaving OSU but pursuing pro options.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Having at least one transfer being a senior would be nice, especially if we aren’t sure that both Naji or Paul is coming back. I am all for having several seniors on the team for leadership and because they will likely leave it all out on the floor for their last season of eligibility.