Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I doubt Paul would leave and sit a year. He would be 24 in 2 years. Unless he is on schedule to graduate in three years. He will be at Xavier or the G league.
    Agree. I would hope that PS is not the same person today that he was as a HS senior, and that he could make up his OWN mind and not be made to do something stupid by an outside source. He’s what, 22 years old at this point? If he hasn’t grown up enough at this point, where he can decide for himself what he is going to do, maybe that’s part of the problem with this team?
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 01-21-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I’d love to see Farr or Bernard coming back talking to them about how they were in a similar situation with their team not gelling and how they had to have a serious coming to Jesus moment their their teammates about waking the F up, and playing with purpose by outhustling and outsmarting every single opponent with every single possession.

Nothing says coming to Jesus like laying blame and saying you suck…now play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on that, obviously you don't know what has been said to these guys (whether they've reached out or not) or if they'd take it to heart or not, but I'd love to see former players at least try to give a bit of advice. I think we're lacking that bite, the one guy in the locker room who would give a speech like Bernard did to get things together, or that can really grab a hold of everybody and get them motivated to play hard as hell and turn things around. When we were down in the past, or looking to close out a game, guys like Trevon (he may have been quiet but his play did the talking), or Tu would take over, I don't see much of that in this group. I think Naji has the ability to, but he presses a little out of control. I'm surprised its not Tyrique honestly, as a Senior and seeing the swagger he plays with, I would have expected him to rally these guys. I guess we'll see how they respond on Wednesday.
    I was thinking the same thing about Tyrique. I am crossing my fingers we see him become that senior leader who gets the team fired up and on a long winning streak starting today.

All-Conference
    Tyrique hasn't been spectacular, but he's having a decent season. He's provided needed support on the boards all year.

Tyrique is the least of this team's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Tyrique hasn't been spectacular, but he's having a decent season. He's provided needed support on the boards all year.

Ty is fine. Besides Free, no one else is really helping on the boards. Some of that is scheme positioning. If you go back and look at past years, our guards did a much better job of helping and also tipping balls they couldn't totally reach to keep the ball alive. We have definitely had an effort problem.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Nothing says coming to Jesus like laying blame and saying you suck…now play harder.
    Now that’s a greeting card right there- I got a little teary-eyed just reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

I agree with that assessment, I'm by no way criticizing Tyrique's game, and again we don't really know what goes on in practice or in the locker room, I was just saying that he's the one guy on this squad I'd expect to be a vocal leader, and to get everyone in line. We got a win today, and hopefully that momentum can carry us a few games, winning at Creighton would be huge to keep building confidence in the squad.