Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    And has plenty of expenses and commitments. What’s your authority for x having any kind of money sitting around to give Mack?
    https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...uc-xavier.html

This was 2015 and nothing has changed since then except maybe we are even more profitable.........

Xavier brought in $11.5 million in men’s basketball revenue and spent just $5.2 million on the program in 2013-14
    That's impressive.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That's impressive.
    I can only imagine what those figures look like now, you'd have to assume that they're increasing revenue steadily each year, not to mention we keep selling Cintas out.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I can only imagine what those figures look like now, you'd have to assume that they're increasing revenue steadily each year, not to mention we keep selling Cintas out.
    I'm sure that profit funds every other sport that loses money though. I have no idea but money has to come from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I'm sure that profit funds every other sport that loses money though. I have no idea but money has to come from somewhere
    All other sports I am sure lose money. That's why its so important to keep the cash cow going.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    All other sports I am sure lose money. That's why its so important to keep the cash cow going.
    Weird question, if the other sports make it to their respective tournaments, they get money for that right? Like when our Men's Soccer program goes to the NCAAs, or Baseball? I'm sure overall those two are pretty close to even since they seem to be relatively successful.

Weird question, if the other sports make it to their respective tournaments, they get money for that right? Like when our Men's Soccer program goes to the NCAAs, or Baseball? I'm sure overall those two are pretty close to even since they seem to be relatively successful.
    There cant be any money paid out in those sports. It's TV that enables FB and BB to earn tourney dollars. If there is any money, its quickly consumed by the costs of travel, scholarships and salaries paid for coaches etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...uc-xavier.html

This was 2015 and nothing has changed since then except maybe we are even more profitable.........
    Thanks. Most recently, MBB repoerted to the Dept of Education revenue of $12.7M, ,and "game day expenses"' including 147K per athlete, of $7.8M.

The report cites $4.8M in unallocated expenses, which must include the AD, SID and general Department staff and expenses.

What I don't see is the cost of Cintas operating costs, maintenance, bond retirement, the facility updates from Learmouth,. And of course to play in the BE Xavier must participate in non revenue sports.

Which is to say, It's not clear from these numbers that there is a spare $4.9 lying around to boost Mack's salary.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Thanks. Most recently, MBB repoerted to the Dept of Education revenue of $12.7M, ,and "game day expenses"' including 147K per athlete, of $7.8M.

The report cites $4.8M in unallocated expenses, which must include the AD, SID and general Department staff and expenses.

What I don't see is the cost of Cintas operating costs, maintenance, bond retirement, the facility updates from Learmouth,. And of course to play in the BE Xavier must participate in non revenue sports.

Which is to say, It's not clear from these numbers that there is a spare $4.9 lying around to boost Mack's salary.
    Do you know what I take from all this? We must all arrive earlier to Cintas so we can start drinking beer earlier, and increase revenue. Fires up the crowd, win/win.

IF they get ANY money, I’m sure it’s a pitiful amount and doesn’t even cover the expenses occurred in traveling and competeing...and many of those sports (if not all) charge the schools an entrance fee for each athlete competing. Any money coming back to the teams is probably also split up among the conference members. The conference itself also charges schools a fee for being a member. Generally the more sports a school competes in, the more they are charged by their conference. A great deal of the money that football and basketball gets is from TV and radio. How often do you see the “minor” sports being shown on the major networks? Generally the national championship games/matches are the only ones. The Big 10, SEC, PAC-10, Networks were started up so that the conferences would be able to get MORE TV money than they were already getting. They all do a pretty good job of showing the other sports, but don’t kid yourself. If they could fill all of that programing with football and basketball, they would. The money that football and basketball bring in is what usually supports all of the other athletic department costs, including the funding of the other teams.

The Big East is a MENS BASKETBALL conference as it’s PRIMARY function, and the coaches and administrators want to keep it that way. They will “support” the other sports verbally and sometimes even show up to watch another sport, but they are going to fight tooth and nail to keep as much of the money in the MENS Basketball program, as they can. Understandable in my opinion.

In addition, EVEN IF another sport does all of the extra things to raise money on their own....contests, raffles, fund raising, getting some paid attendance, etc.....to a point where they ARE profitable, that is still no guarantee that they can’t be dropped at the next round of budget cuts. Been there, had it happen...at X and UC.