Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior

Sumner signs 2 yr deal with Pacers

Pacers announced Sumner signed to 2 year NBA deal. No details. But Ed is a guaranteed player for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Pacers announced Sumner signed to 2 year NBA deal. No details. But Ed is a guaranteed player for 2 years.
    Team option next year. I posted on a different thread that if he signed for the minimum salary he is guaranteed over $400k this year. If they pick up his team option next year it’s around $1.5million. That’s assuming it’s a minimum deal. It could be higher...

Hell yeah, Ed. That's life changing money if he's smart with it.

Steer clear of the Lambos and mansions, young buck. Live frugally and invest properly, and you're good for a very, very long time.

Awesome news for Ed. A lot of people looking silly after questioning his decision.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Awesome news for Ed. A lot of people looking silly after questioning his decision.
    I don't agree that anyone questioning his decision is "silly." It's a always a fair question.

Awesome news for Ed. He's worked his tail off and I couldn't be happier for him.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I don't agree that anyone questioning his decision is "silly." It's a always a fair question.

Awesome news for Ed. He's worked his tail off and I couldn't be happier for him.
    Agree ......Especially considering his injury issue at the time.

It worked out for him. He worked his tail off!!!!!

Pardon me for a moment while I dream of this (he would be eligible) along with Kaiser on the wing.

Congrats to him, and good luck.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    he honored Xavier with his play and I remember him crying after the Wisconsin loss..that shows me he cared. Heard he was a good student to with Information Tech inclination.

I am not that familiar with NBA contracts, will he be on the NBA roster for the next 2 years? Or is he on the roster for the rest of this season, and has to make the team again next year?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I am not that familiar with NBA contracts, will he be on the NBA roster for the next 2 years? Or is he on the roster for the rest of this season, and has to make the team again next year?
    He is guaranteed for this year at a prorated rate for the remaining 25 games or whatever it is. After this year the Pacers can exercise the team option to have him on the roster at whatever contract terms they agreed upon. If the Pacers decline that option then he becomes a free agent. I believe he would be a restricted free agent that they can make a qualifying offer to as well.