Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I haven’t heard anything, I just think that after looking at the landscape of college football and the media deals being handed out , that they are not just going to sit by and take their medicine on this deal. If the big 12 is getting 32 without Texas and Oklahoma, I think the acc will be able to get more. My assumption is that something occurs with the remaining pac 12 members in either that they just poach a few or if everything remains “stable” they work out some kind of deal with the pac12 for increased revenue.

I don’t know exactly what the framework will be or how they are going to get there, but I really don’t see the acc just taking it, as long as Clemson, Miami and Florida state are all there.
    The likelihood of Clemson, FSU and Florida leaving is greater than the ACC getting a new deal. They have no leverage, the only 3 schools that anyone cares about do.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEHARDI View Post
    The likelihood of Clemson, FSU and Florida leaving is greater than the ACC getting a new deal. They have no leverage, the only 3 schools that anyone cares about do.
    There’s plenty of leverage. There are a crap load of media services.. I said on here a couple of years ago that Amazon would soon be getting into the sports business and people laughed, and they now have the nfl.

If that doesn’t work, then as I said something can be worked out with the pac 12. To think the acc is just going to sit by and take this for the next 15 years is naive. They aren’t going to get near what the sec/big ten has, but I believe the large gap will be closed a bit.
    Last edited by Xville; 12-07-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Junior
    Welcome to Clemson, Fl St. & Miami in the SEC, and ND in the BIG,and the rest of the ACC on life support. That's what's most likely.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Welcome to Clemson, Fl St. & Miami in the SEC, and ND in the BIG,and the rest of the ACC on life support. That's what's most likely.
    Yeah and brohm isn’t going to Louisville either. Notre dame isn’t joining the big ten in football. Never going to happen. And if the sec wanted those teams, they’d have them by now.

Junior
    Yeah and brohm isn’t going to Louisville either. Notre dame isn’t joining the big ten in football. Never going to happen. And if the sec wanted those teams, they’d have them by now.
    Most people didn't know that Brohm had pulled a Mack and agreed to go to Louisville in the middle of the football season but kept it under wraps. The only thing that can save the ACC in its current configuration is ND joining for football. Then they have a whole bunch of media choices.
    Last edited by JTG; 12-08-2022 at 08:20 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Most people didn't know that Brohm had pulled a Mack and agreed to go to Louisville in the middle of the football season but kept it under wraps. The only thing that can save the ACC in its current configuration is ND joining for football. Then they have a whole bunch of media choices.
    You just make that up or get that off some dude on twitter? Of course people know that Brohm wanted to come home , but unlike Mack, Brohm actually has a moral compass.

You are misinformed regarding the ACC. ESPN is heavily invested in the ACC and it makes financial sense to keep the league together and sustainable. They're 50% stakeholders in the ACC network, and though the SEC is the cow for them, they still need to fill slots on Saturday since they lost out on the Big Ten.

You just make that up or get that off some dude on twitter? Of course people know that Brohm wanted to come home , but unlike Mack, Brohm actually has a moral compass.

You are misinformed regarding the ACC. ESPN is heavily invested in the ACC and it makes financial sense to keep the league together and sustainable. They're 50% stakeholders in the ACC network, and though the SEC is the cow for them, they still need to fill slots on Saturday since they lost out on the Big Ten.

They'll be filling those existing ACC game slots with ACC games under the current ACC contract. ESPN doesn't have to provide any additional funding to do that. The ACC has no where else to go, especially given how its contract/GOR is structured - ACC member institutions are handcuffed in this "madness." Last but not least, Notre Dame will not join the ACC for football.

The only way out is for ACC members to vote to blow it all up from within. I believe that would call for 8 votes, but I'm not sure. I doubt schools like Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse and Boston College are very excited about losing the existing deal, which speaks volumes for their relative positions in all this. Pitt and NC State are two other programs that are living closer to the edge of disaster than they are being close to a B1G/SEC invite, but they're not as close to the danger zone as the aforementioned four.

Perhaps the best way to look at this from Louisville's perspective is to ask a simple question: where could UL land were the ACC to implode? UL has no chance for a B1G invite. Some combination of Florida State, Clemson and Miami would be sought by the SEC before UL ever had a crack at it, and Kentucky would most definitely veto UL's inclusion anyway (to be fair, the Florida schools would have to make sense to the conference and to the University of Florida, and South Carolina would have something to say about Clemson).

Absent the ability to land in the B1G or SEC, perhaps UL's next best bet would be to join the Big 12. You would end up with at least $30 million per year and have a crack at the 12-team playoff. The P5 is going to the P2 and everyone else, but there will still be enough resources at a number of non-P2 schools to field competitive programs, and the expanded play off will help.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    [/B]

They'll be filling those existing ACC game slots with ACC games under the current ACC contract. ESPN doesn't have to provide any additional funding to do that. The ACC has no where else to go, especially given how its contract/GOR is structured - ACC member institutions are handcuffed in this "madness." Last but not least, Notre Dame will not join the ACC for football.

The only way out is for ACC members to vote to blow it all up from within. I believe that would call for 8 votes, but I'm not sure. I doubt schools like Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse and Boston College are very excited about losing the existing deal, which speaks volumes for their relative positions in all this. Pitt and NC State are two other programs that are living closer to the edge of disaster than they are being close to a B1G/SEC invite, but they're not as close to the danger zone as the aforementioned four.

Perhaps the best way to look at this from Louisville's perspective is to ask a simple question: where could UL land were the ACC to implode? UL has no chance for a B1G invite. Some combination of Florida State, Clemson and Miami would be sought by the SEC before UL ever had a crack at it, and Kentucky would most definitely veto UL's inclusion anyway (to be fair, the Florida schools would have to make sense to the conference and to the University of Florida, and South Carolina would have something to say about Clemson).

Absent the ability to land in the B1G or SEC, perhaps UL's next best bet would be to join the Big 12. You would end up with at least $30 million per year and have a crack at the 12-team playoff. The P5 is going to the P2 and everyone else, but there will still be enough resources at a number of non-P2 schools to field competitive programs, and the expanded play off will help.
    You forgot the part where I stated that ESPN has financial interest in seeing the ACC not only survive but thrive.

As I also stated earlier, if the SEC wanted Clemson, Miami, and Florida State, they'd already be there. They already have those markets, no reason to bring on additional members when there aren't huge financial gains to be had.

You forgot the part where I stated that ESPN has financial interest in seeing the ACC not only survive but thrive.

As I also stated earlier, if the SEC wanted Clemson, Miami, and Florida State, they'd already be there. They already have those markets, no reason to bring on additional members when there aren't huge financial gains to be had.
    Well, based on that, we will see if ESPN voluntarily coughs up additional money within the existing agreement in order to make sure that the ACC “thrives.” Good luck with that.

Otherwise, the fact that the SEC has not taken on any additional schools yet doesn’t have anything to do with what it may do down the road.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Well, based on that, we will see if ESPN voluntarily coughs up additional money within the existing agreement in order to make sure that the ACC “thrives.” Good luck with that.

Otherwise, the fact that the SEC has not taken on any additional schools yet doesn’t have anything to do with what it may do down the road.
    ESPN wouldn't be doing it out of the goodness of their heart, they are financially invested in the conference doing well.