Page 494 of 2101 FirstFirst ... 3944444844924934944954965045445949941494 ... LastLast
Results 4,931 to 4,940 of 21007

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Telling people whatever they want to hear really helps in that department.
    no argument there

Now that Bernie Sanders has embraced his endorsement from that awful, transphobic, Nazi-adjacent Joe Rogan, I guess he'll have to drop out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Now that Bernie Sanders has embraced his endorsement from that awful, transphobic, Nazi-adjacent Joe Rogan, I guess he'll have to drop out of the race.
    The Dem lineup is about as good as the A10 this year- without VD (their Obama)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Telling people whatever they want to hear really helps in that department.
    He’s been saying the same things forever, not what “people want to hear.” And in fact he’s the only candidate who doesn’t take a position for job security. You may not agree with what he says, but he doesn’t say something or take a position unless he believes it.

I agree with those who say trump’s appeal is that he’s not a typical politician and believe he tapped into people’s fears and hardships with his rhetoric. The problem is that he’s a pathological liar whereas Bernie isn’t. And many who don’t necessarily agree with all of Bernie’s policies support him for very similar reasons in that he speaks to the common person. However, he’s not a typical politician, means what he says, and will not be bought.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by GenerationX View Post
    He’s been saying the same things forever, not what “people want to hear.” And in fact he’s the only candidate who doesn’t take a position for job security. You may not agree with what he says, but he doesn’t say something or take a position unless he believes it.

I agree with those who say trump’s appeal is that he’s not a typical politician and believe he tapped into people’s fears and hardships with his rhetoric. The problem is that he’s a pathological liar whereas Bernie isn’t. And many who don’t necessarily agree with all of Bernie’s policies support him for very similar reasons in that he speaks to the common person. However, he’s not a typical politician, means what he says, and will not be bought.
    Telling people as President he can pass Medicare for all, free tuition for all, a green new deal, expanded social security, housing for all, or do so without completely eliminating freedom and economic growth is lying and its what people want to hear. There's a reason he hasn't gone near explaining how any of this would work, it's because he doesn't know, or worse he knows it won't work. He has been selling all of the goods and revealing none of the costs. There's no doubt we can issue enough debt to do these things, Lord knows we can't raise enough in taxes, but his unwillingness to have the conversation is deceitful. Warren at least tried issuing a plan for Medicare for all and it made a mockery of logic.

Telling people as President he can pass Medicare for all, free tuition for all, a green new deal, expanded social security, housing for all, or do so without completely eliminating freedom and economic growth is lying and its what people want to hear. There's a reason he hasn't gone near explaining how any of this would work, it's because he doesn't know, or worse he knows it won't work. He has been selling all of the goods and revealing none of the costs. There's no doubt we can issue enough debt to do these things, Lord knows we can't raise enough in taxes, but his unwillingness to have the conversation is deceitful. Warren at least tried issuing a plan for Medicare for all and it made a mockery of logic.
    Again, you may not agree with his policies or think they are doable. He’s been very honest about the fact that it won’t be easy (“Not me, us”), but his policies have become much more mainstream and popular since his first run. And the status quo is definitely not working. I’m not naive enough to think his policies would be implemented immediately or even at all in some cases, but he is moving the needle. People who believe in his policies know that they’ll never happen if you go in conceding that they’re impossible, though. If enough people support them and put pressure on the politicians, I believe he can have some success.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Supporting Member
    Again, you may not agree with his policies or think they are doable. He’s been very honest about the fact that it won’t be easy (“Not me, us”), but his policies have become much more mainstream and popular since his first run. And the status quo is definitely not working. I’m not naive enough to think his policies would be implemented immediately or even at all in some cases, but he is moving the needle. People who believe in his policies know that they’ll never happen if you go in conceding that they’re impossible, though. If enough people support them and put pressure on the politicians, I believe he can have some success.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lol
    You cannot dispute what I said with respect to the conversation, of course.

What in the “status quo” is not working?
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    You cannot dispute what I said with respect to the conversation, of course.
    Actually I can, I'm just not going to bother. Status quo is working pretty great for me as it is for many. There is never going to be 100% satisfaction, that's not real life.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-26-2020 at 08:26 AM.