Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    The women had a COVID pause but are 6-9 overall and 1-5 in the Big East, with the win coming (easily) against 1-12 Butler, who is having a historically bad season for a power-conference team (currently 316 in the NET rankings). Xavier's NET is 203, which is up quite a bit from last year. They lost a close one to Providence, who is 3-4 in the league.

The good news (well, at least for now) is that the Big East is not a strong women's conference this year, even with UConn back. Only four teams have NET rankings in the top 100, and Xavier, Georgetown (215) and Butler both outside the top 200, so there is reason to think they can grind out a handful more league wins this year.

I will personally be more interested to see if there is yet another mass exodus of a half-dozen or more current players with remaining eligibility this year. Hopefully not. I still can't believe how long the program was allowed to toil under Brian Neal (cough, Greg Cristopher).

The Women got blasted today 96-62 by St. John’s at home.
    This is getting no better.
    Melanie Moore has to be on the clock.
    Another questionable hire by Greg Christopher.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Seriously doubt she is in any danger of losing her job based on the long leash Brian Neal got.

I am curious why Nia Clark, the team's leading scorer, hasn't played in the last couple of games. No idea why. They have good opportunities for wins against Georgetown (2-9) and Butler (0-10) at home, which would get them to 4-15 in league play. Georgetown and Butler are both having dismal seasons. It does look like Xavier is destined to play in the first round of the Big East tournament, which they've done every single year since joining the league.

4-15 in league play is satisfactory??
    Greg Christopher’s coaching hires have been sub standard- especially for the women.
    This program has gone from a missed layup that would have been a Final 4 to this miserable state.
    It doesn’t take forever to rebuild anymore…except at X apparently
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    4-15 in league play is satisfactory??
    Greg Christopher’s coaching hires have been sub standard- especially for the women.
    This program has gone from a missed layup that would have been a Final 4 to this miserable state.
    It doesn’t take forever to rebuild anymore…except at X apparently
    Certainly not saying that I think 4-15 is satisfactory, but for this administration, it seems likely it will be. Four is more league wins than they've had every year since 2017.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    At least there was one shining moment for the team winning today on FS1 at Providence. And this was a game where the top two scorers (Clark and Satterfield) were suspended for this game for violating team rules.

Supporting Member
    Looking at the schedule as sad as it is, they may end up with the most conference wins in 6 years just need 2 more and I think they will get it. That’s a step forward at least.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Looking at the schedule as sad as it is, they may end up with the most conference wins in 6 years just need 2 more and I think they will get it. That’s a step forward at least.
    Agree. They're clearly better than Butler and, IMO, better than Georgetown, and have games against both of them left on the schedule.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Butler has one overall win. Losing to them just might be a terminable offense.

How many are going to the home game Friday against UConn. Trying to figure out staffing.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens