Roll Call - Xavier at Texas - 2019 NIT

Based on my Twitter feed, there seems to be a fair amount of Muskies making the trip to Austin.

Who's going? Let's combine forces, sit in the same section and be loud together.

Side note, do they serve beer?
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    Based on my Twitter feed, there seems to be a fair amount of Muskies making the trip to Austin.

Who's going? Let's combine forces, sit in the same section and be loud together.

Side note, do they serve beer?
    As you know I'll be there. Yes, there is beer allowed at NCAA and NIT Tournament games now. If I remember correctly the Erwin Center now has a concession stand specifically for beer. (Texas just started allowing alcohol sales during games two seasons ago or so.) Of course we shall see how many concession stands they have open for the few of us who'll be at the game. At the very least I'm sure there'll be some of the temporary alcohol stands open with bud/miller/coors and maybe a local can or two. And if anyone was looking to pre-game, Sholz Garden is right by Erwin (or of course plenty of bars downtown).

I'll hit you up on Twitter. Do you have tickets yet?

I would LOVE to get to Austin, and even if this is NIT it would qualify as a legit excuse. I just have too many other travel plans right now. I’ll have to find another excuse to get to Austin.

Roll Call - Xavier at Texas - 2019 NIT

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’ll have to find another excuse to get to Austin.
    https://franklinbbq.com

https://saltlickbbq.com
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 03-21-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Salt Lick is mediocre and you can do way better in Austin. Cool atmosphere though.

Franklin is awesome, but you'll have to get there super early to get in line. There are other fantastic spots nearby you won't have to wait so long for. (Not that I'd totally dissuade anyone from going to Franklin, as its obviously one of the best bbq spots in the US and Aaron is super nice.)

Anyway, as anyone who follows me on Twitter or Instagram knows, I can go all day long about Austin bbq. So if anyone is ever in town and wants recommendations, hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOHTX View Post
    I'll hit you up on Twitter. Do you have tickets yet?

Yeah. Though obviously you don't have to rush to buy tix. Basically any seat you want should still be available.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Salt Lick is mediocre and you can do way better in Austin. Cool atmosphere though.

Franklin is awesome, but you'll have to get there super early to get in line. There are other fantastic spots nearby you won't have to wait so long for. (Not that I'd totally dissuade anyone from going to Franklin, as its obviously one of the best bbq spots in the US and Aaron is super nice.)

Anyway, as anyone who follows me on Twitter or Instagram knows, I can go all day long about Austin bbq. So if anyone is ever in town and wants recommendations, hit me up.
    Thanks for the info. Been to Austin once for OSU/UT game years ago. One of my favorite cities...and didn't hit any of the BBQ joints. Have been to Central BBQ in Memphis...delicious. Also been to Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur Alabama. Food is great. Smoked turkey and ribs are amazing. I think the famed white sauce is overrated. Like watered down ranch. But everyone seems to love it.

Section 34 row 20. Mention this post and I'll buy you a beer.