Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member

2016 Recruiting Game

You are the coach. You have 3 scholarships for the 2016 recruiting class (replacing Farr, Abell and the inevitable transfer). You will attract a 4 star, a 3.5 star and a 3 star (no arguments on this, please). What are the positions you will fill (specify the characteristics, e.g. stretch four, traditional center, slashing 3, etc.) and with what priority (by stars). Be realistic.

Here are my choices:

4 star: big man, strong rebounder who can play center since the recruit will be a freshman when Jalen is a senior and O'Mara is a junior
    3.5 star: PG who is good defender and can run an offense. Austin will be a junior and it is not clear that Sumner is a PG.
    3 star: a 3 who is a slasher and decent defender

Not to derail this already, but there's a VERY good chance you're replacing Jalen Reynolds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Not to derail this already, but there's a VERY good chance you're replacing Jalen Reynolds as well.
    Maybe. Jalen is already 22 (?). Talent and athleticism is one thing, but I would argue that there is a strong push to get that at the youngest age possible in the NBA. I would think we could see something like with Derrick Brown, going in the second round. If projections are there, I could see Jalen sticking it out all four years. It all comes down to if he plays like Good Jalen more often, or bad Jalen.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Sophomore
    I agree that Jalen's last season will be next year. He will go to the draft or make money playing basketball overseas. If he can back for his senior year he would be a 24 yr old year senior.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    ...he would be a 24 yr old year senior.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Maybe. If projections are there, I could see Jalen sticking it out all four years. It all comes down to if he plays like Good Jalen more often, or bad Jalen.
    After next year, Jalen will have been here 4 years. He just will not be a senior athletically.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I agree that Jalen's last season will be next year. He will go to the draft or make money playing basketball overseas. If he can back for his senior year he would be a 24 yr old year senior.
    Don't rule Jalen out of his senior year. I'm sure he will be itching to play with his boy Myles. They have been together through all of this. Depending on what happens next year......their senior year could be too special for Jalen to leave.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xutag77 View Post
    After next year, Jalen will have been here 4 years. He just will not be a senior athletically.
    If Jalen stays for the 2016-17 season, we are going to the final four that year. I truly believe that....Reynolds Myles and Remy Seniors, Tre JP O'Mara and Austin all Juniors, Sumner and London second seasons

That is one heck of a talented and experienced group.

I think next year may be a lot like this year where we struggle to find out rhythm, but in the end win an NCAA game or two. Two years from now this team could be something really really special.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If Jalen stays for the 2016-17 season, we are going to the final four that year. I truly believe that....Reynolds Myles and Remy Seniors, Tre JP O'Mara and Austin all Juniors, Sumner and London second seasons

That is one heck of a talented and experienced group.

I think next year may be a lot like this year where we struggle to find out rhythm, but in the end win an NCAA game or two. Two years from now this team could be something really really special.
    Remy is a senior next year.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    You are the coach. You have 3 scholarships for the 2016 recruiting class (replacing Farr, Abell and the inevitable transfer). You will attract a 4 star, a 3.5 star and a 3 star (no arguments on this, please). What are the positions you will fill (specify the characteristics, e.g. stretch four, traditional center, slashing 3, etc.) and with what priority (by stars). Be realistic.

Here are my choices:

4 star: big man, strong rebounder who can play center since the recruit will be a freshman when Jalen is a senior and O'Mara is a junior
    3.5 star: PG who is good defender and can run an offense. Austin will be a junior and it is not clear that Sumner is a PG.
    3 star: a 3 who is a slasher and decent defender
    nevermind...for some reason i thought Remy had two seasons left...my bad!