Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    No. Coaches at top programs get offered jobs all of the time. Some like Boeheim could retire at any time.
    Yeah, two huge jobs just got filled and he apparently had no interest. Now, could a top 5 job open up? Could he get some love there? Always a possibility. I'm just thrilled with the incoming class coming off an Elite Eight finish. Add in Trevon returning? Maybe they worry about minutes, but more likely we just don't get them all, and ours will sign up in time. In the long run, trust this staff.

Swider and Bazely wouldn't have to worry about Tre or JP because they'll be gone when they get to campus.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    If we lose out on trevion Williams, It will be 3 strike outs in a role. Those shitty crystal balls on 247 are predicting Purdue. He looks like the second coming of Caleb swanigan. But I hope we get him.

However the bigs situation doesn’t concern me as much. Mack has shown a knack for snagging good pf/c transfers and making them successful.

Part of the bad thing about recruiting mostly top 75 kids is that your competing with the best. And you will strike out a lot more. If x strikes out on their top 6 targets , do they hurry up and try to get in with some 3 star guy or back end 4 stars. Or try to fill needs with transfers so you don’t end up with guys you don’t want on 4 years scholarships.

I wonder if kids aren’t committing this class because they aren’t sure how long Mack will be at Xavier. His name was al over th sports site as a candidate for a few jobs. Even if his intent to stay, kids could still be unsure
    Maybe that's what they are selling at Purdue, but let's not go crazy here.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Swider and Bazely wouldn't have to worry about Tre or JP because they'll be gone when they get to campus.
    Swider and Bazely would have to worry about Marshall and Harden. Like it or not guys, we just landed a pretty fantastic 5 man class. That is a lot of young talent and will affect the desire for subsequent classes to commit.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Swider and Bazely would have to worry about Marshall and Harden. Like it or not guys, we just landed a pretty fantastic 5 man class. That is a lot of young talent and will affect the desire for subsequent classes to commit.
    It's more likely they would compete for time with Ridder than Harden.

It's not time to panic yet guys, we lost out on two, but even then recruiting is so spotty, we have no idea what's going to happen until the LOI is signed. We signed an impressive 5 man class, and I have full faith in Mack & Co to recruit at a high level. They always seem to find guys who fit, I wouldn't worry just yet. Recruiting is a very hot and cold thing, I believe we're still in a good position.

We also missed out on Coleman-Lands... it was a rough week. Still plenty of really good options out there though... getting Jerome Hunter would be huge.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    We also missed out on Coleman-Lands... it was a rough week. Still plenty of really good options out there though... getting Jerome Hunter would be huge.
    For what it's worth I keep hearing Michigan for Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    For what it's worth I keep hearing Michigan for Hunter.
    The more distance from his "surprise" visit to Ann Arbor without a commitment the better for X, one would think.

July eval period started today, correct?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    The more distance from his "surprise" visit to Ann Arbor without a commitment the better for X, one would think.

July eval period started today, correct?
    I believe it's the 12th.