Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    I never ever get tired of seeing Mick lose. What a piss poor effort in the last minute.

According to today's fishwrap:

USF (18-11, 11-5) won its first Big East game this season against a team with a winning conference record.
    How do you go 10-5 without beating a team with a winning conference record? What is going on in that conference?

Here's another Mick classic quote:

"It’s Sunday morning in a hockey arena,” Cronin said. “I didn’t think we were going to make shots, to be honest with you.”
    To be honest, he doesn't think his basketball players can make shots, and he blames it on the day, the time and the arena.

Douche.
    Last edited by Kahns Krazy; 02-27-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I never ever get tired of seeing Mick lose. What a piss poor effort in the last minute.

According to today's fishwrap:

How do you go 10-5 without beating a team with a winning conference record? What is going on in that conference?

Here's another Mick classic quote:

To be honest, he doesn't think his basketball players can make shots, and he blames it on the day, the time and the arena.

Douche.
    Perhaps Mick is setting the table for a move to the Big 12 by degrading what was one his almighty Big East. If the Bearcats do ever get an invite to the Big 12, they will snatch it up in a NY-second to escape the ever-morphing Big East to CUSA fiasco.

Imagine scoring 45 points and losing by one. That is better than Chinese water torture. 45 points, and you still held the lead until the very last possession of the game....

That is an incredible way to lose.

I wouldn't mind if UC was the last team left out, and this season looks like this could be a possibility.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Imagine scoring 45 points and losing by one. That is better than Chinese water torture. 45 points, and you still held the lead until the very last possession of the game....

That is an incredible way to lose.

I wouldn't mind if UC was the last team left out, and this season looks like this could be a possibility.
    If they are the last team out, the BESPNheads will be going nuts. They are quick to use an RPI to identify a "good win" but twice as quick to ignore it if that same metric says you aren't that good of a team.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

ESPN has done us the favor of creating their own rating system - the BPI. This will soon be the sole rating system used to rank teams, and to decide who goes to the tourney. It will also be used to rank the best hamburgers, catch speeders and break the Da Vinci code.

The All-Powerful BPI

How is USF a bubble team if they won their first game against a team with a winning conference record on February 26th?

Have they beaten Kentucky, Syracuse and Ohio State?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

RPI is only a tool that can be used against you if you are a BCS team.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    ESPN has done us the favor of creating their own rating system - the BPI. This will soon be the sole rating system used to rank teams, and to decide who goes to the tourney. It will also be used to rank the best hamburgers, catch speeders and break the Da Vinci code.

The All-Powerful BPI
    Is that the BigEast Performance Index? A rating system designed to ensure that no Big East team ever misses the tournament?

I can't wait to see how ESPN tries to polish the turd that the Big East will become once all the good teams bolt. They'll have to start talking up USF and Central Florida.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    RPI is only a tool that can be used against you if you arenot a BCS team.
    Fixed that for you.
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    How is USF a bubble team if they won their first game against a team with a winning conference record on February 26th?

Have they beaten Kentucky, Syracuse and Ohio State?
    If you take away the 200+ RPI teams that UC has beaten, they are 11-9, yet BESPN has them "in" with an RPI around 75.

I don't think an 11-9 team should be able to make the dance by filling up their schedule with garbage teams.
    -Matt McCormick