Thread: Covid-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I will never understand how the hell it became a culture war issue. Just this morning Trump was tweeting out articles that were claiming mask wearing is based on government control, giving credit and amplifying a message that directly contradicts his own guidance on COVID19.

It just seems like such an easy win for him. I just don't see the political downside for him supporting mask wearing, and I think there is a good amount of upside (look at Dewine's approval ratings rise).
    I agree. I also think it was a problem that they told everybody NOT to wear masks for the first 2 months of the outbreak. I never understood that one. How could it hurt? They were so worried about people buying up all the masks that they let it get in the way of good policy.
    Eat Donuts!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I agree. I also think it was a problem that they told everybody NOT to wear masks for the first 2 months of the outbreak. I never understood that one. How could it hurt? They were so worried about people buying up all the masks that they let it get in the way of good policy.
    This was a HUGE mistake. They did it because they didnt want everyone to buy them all up but in the process of doing that they said they wont help anyway which was not true (overall not true, true in some sense) but they said it to get people not to use them. Fatal mistake.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Even Mitch McConnell is advocating the mask wearing:https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/27/mitch-mcconnell-plea-face-masks-285272

Refusing to wear one is juvenile and stupid - like the teenager who won’t wear a seatbelt because their parents keep telling them too.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"