Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Not taking into account the money- would anyone even want Xavier to start a football program?
    For one year, with Ohio State's team...….ABSOLUTELY!! How much fun would that be?!?!
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Not taking into account the money- would anyone even want Xavier to start a football program?
    Absolutely. I never understood the pushback against it. I mean, I actually get the feeling that if Xavier were to start a football team people would be rooting against them so they could point out what a huge waist it was after every loss. Even playing in the PFL without scholarships would be cool. I haven't met a single person who went to a school with football, even low level D3 or PFL football, who ever said they wished it wasn't there. At most they didn't care.

College football, even on a small scale, has a festival feel to it. It's not my favorite sport, but I like it well enough, and as an event it's a ton of fun. Going to Thomas More games was fun (granted, I had a friend who played for them, but even still it was fun). It was a fun group to tailgate and go to games with even if it was just D3. Having something like that certainly doesn't suck.

...and I'm starting to become sad about how there there will be no college football this year.
    Last edited by xubrew; 08-12-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Virus will disappear in november,at least by the media, if Biden wins...so we have that going for us...which is nice. I guess if trump wins, it will be here for another 4 years.
    I'm guessing that was sarcasm, but there is a lot of truth to what you posted. You'll never convince me that there would be this media hand wringing and gloom and doom if Obama was Pres.

Big East makes it official on the postponement of fall sports. Not effecting basketball…yet.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...20/3335782001/

At some point, the benchmark of success against Covid unofficially switched from “flatten the curve” to “zero infections”

Assigning blame isn’t the point of this post, so blame it on whoever you want.

If “zero infections” continues as the unofficial benchmark, a return to normalcy will need to wait for 70% of the US population to achieve herd immunity from a combination of recoveries + vaccinations. This is where the numbers get depressing...

Herd immunity in the US would require ~231 million vaccinations/recoveries. We have 5 million confirmed cases in the US (~2%). If we also had a proven vaccine right now and started giving it to citizens, we would need to average around 7 vaccines per second (continuously) to reach herd immunity by this time next year.

Yes, I know there are far more asymptomatic recoveries than we know, but if people have to take an antibody test before getting a vaccine, it will only slow the process down.

Considering we don’t even have a vaccine, let alone have manufactured and shipped it... if “zero infections” continues to be the benchmark, it could take years before we’re back in Cintas.
    Last edited by Blue Blooded-05; 08-13-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Also, there is no guarantee that those who have had COVID-19 would actually still register as having antibodies in many cases.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

We should start a peaceful protest against the virus. Who's with me?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by ucgrad4x View Post
    we should start a peaceful protest against the virus. Who's with me?
    i'm in!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    We should start a peaceful protest against the virus. Who's with me?
    Was in a store today. 70% of the people had no masks.
    I assume they were peacefully protesting something.

It's is South Carolina, however. Freedom !!
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Was in a store today. 70% of the people had no masks.
    I assume they were peacefully protesting something.

It's is South Carolina, however. Freedom !!
    I just don't understand that. Wasn't South Carolina a hot spot? Wearing a mask is more respect for those around you. When I see someone not wearing a mask in a store I think they are a complete moron.