View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 48 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

I probably “believe” in analytics more than most, but we take way too many wing 3s, which are statistically the lowest %age three to take. That’s on coach to put them in better position. We never shoot a true corner 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I probably “believe” in analytics more than most, but we take way too many wing 3s, which are statistically the lowest %age three to take. That’s on coach to put them in better position. We never shoot a true corner 3.
    100% with you, but this is an epidemic throughout college ball. Almost as bad as college teams never going 2 for 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    “At XU Hoops” thread, response 3 from “thecoach”.
    “A guy over there.” That could be about 3 or 4 posters. Not exactly direct.
    Objection overruled.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Steele is obviously not getting fired this year. However....about this staff. I suspect Hayes is safe (if we can keep him) as he seems to be a recruiting fiend. Johnson and (especially) Dante? I don't know that they're on such firm footing. If we're going to see an early change, I suspect it's going to involve one or both of these guys.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 01-27-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Steele is obviously not getting fired this year. However....about this staff. I suspect Hayes is safe (if we can keep him) as he seems to be a recruiting fiend. Johnson and (especially) Dante? I don't know that they're on such firm footing. If we're going to see an early change, I suspect it's going to involve one of both of these guys.
    These players are being "Coached Down". Other than Free, is there any player who you can say has improved this year...or from last year...or from two years ago???
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    These players are being "Coached Down". Other than Free, is there any player who you can say has improved this year...or from last year...or from two years ago???
    Well, they certainly haven't been coached up in a way that has shown up in the games. Two years is definitely too soon to give up on a head coach. Assistant coaches don't get that benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Steele is obviously not getting fired this year. However....about this staff. I suspect Hayes is safe (if we can keep him) as he seems to be a recruiting fiend. Johnson and (especially) Dante? I don't know that they're on such firm footing. If we're going to see an early change, I suspect it's going to involve one or both of these guys.
    Dante is just getting started and I believe he was the main recruiter for Freemantle and Wilcher. Give him time. What I don’t like is that it doesn’t see like the assistant give much input during the game and it seems like Travis dominates during timeouts and half time. Travis May need to let the assistants have more say. I think Chris Mack’s assistants are much more active. Under Travis it’s like assistants under Mick Cronin, but I could be wrong.

What I though was interesting was that McDermott spent every time out the whole game baiting the officials and did very little coaching while Travis spent every time out in the huddle detailing strategy which sounded very complicated to me. It seemed like less coaching worked better for them. Maybe it would be better to just let them play at game time and ease the pressure a little. They don't appear to be having fun.

All-Conference
    This is just a pet peeve of mine, but he was constantly saying "this is what I want" - I know it's probably not that big of a deal, but the program is for the players. I'm not saying the players should be calling the plays, but it's a subtle reference to a "my way or the highway" approach. I just don't think players really react to that kind of leadership anymore - he does seem very similar to Cronin in many ways, and this is another one.

He's not as animated or not as much of an overt dick to the players, but the players are just kind of staring at him like "whatever dude" - and then they go out and do what they want.

Love or hate Mack, he seemed to relate more to them. He gave it to them, but let them give it back a little too. I think players respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Scruggs, Naji and Tyrique have all improved under Steele.

Can't say the same for Q.