Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Unfathomable. Literally becoming a joke.
    Now now. Y'all ripped me last year because I said, "I doubt he could start at EKU". Now he's a joke huh? C'mon now stick to your guns. Up
    Last edited by XfansinKy; 01-16-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Obviously time to regroup, we can't be that bad. Damn and it seems like we are in a vicious circle of poor performance generating poor confidence and going round and round. I will sayk a prayer for the team and all involved.
    I believe it's called "Circling the Drain" - and talking the porcelain one.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Now now. Y'all ripped me last year because I said, "I doubt he could start at EKU". Now he's a joke huh? C'mon now stick to your guns. Up
    This is the rivalry XavierHoops needs to pull us through this mess.

Not sure which was the worst to witness last night:

The team abandoning the little success they found early in the game driving, drawing fouls and slowing the game to their tempo.

The reasons they abandoned it: Poor shooters once again simply couldn’t help themselves when left with wide open looks from 3.

Q again jacking up more 3s than almost anyone on the team even though he is likely the worst 3 pt shooter on the team (and that probably includes Jones)

Q still not knowing how to make an simple layup

Q playing lazy defense for stretches of the game

Naji costing the team points and possessions because he chose instead to whine about missed fouls instead of continuing to play hard.

Naji- continuing to make really, really stupid decisions after really good ones.

Scruggs still committing those stupid early fouls that forces him to sit.

Moore and Kyky rushing their 3s.

Steele not making it a priority to get Scruggs - the best 3 pt shooter - more open looks from 3. It actually looked like Scruggs was asked instead to try to get the ball to the worst 3pt shooters so they could miss more.

Steele still not admitting one of the team’s biggest issues is the abundance of 3s his players are forcing
    and missing.

Continued poor rebounding - partly due to some bigs being out of position. Partly because players don’t crash the boards when shots go up and partly because the players who were in good position to get a rebound don’t jump or fight for it. And partly because Jones and Freemantle aren’t seeing the floor together much at all like Steele keeps promising.

Jones coming across somewhat unfazed about the situation during his post game interview... and not taking it upon himself as a senior leader who is disgusted with the team’s poor performance and fired up about getting things right.

There were so many things wrong last night They looked like a mediocre mid major team whose coach was fired before tip off.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    His continued shooting of threes. The two he took when we were making a push early in 2nd half. That was a joke.

I dont think he should get no playing time I just think he shouldnt be shooting multiple threes when he does play. Since he cant seem to not take bad shots then he probably should not be playing a ton.

And EKU is a MASSIVE step down from Xavier and the BE.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    This is the rivalry XavierHoops needs to pull us through this mess.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    His continued shooting of threes. The two he took when we were making a push early in 2nd half. That was a joke.

I dont think he should get no playing time I just think he shouldnt be shooting multiple threes when he does play. Since he cant seem to not take bad shots then he probably should not be playing a ton.

And EKU is a MASSIVE step down from Xavier and the BE.
    Just for fun, the guy who appears to be playing point for EKU (Jomaru Brown) has literally the highest usage rate in America (39%!) at an offensive rating of 75.6 (41% from 2, 24% from 3). He also has a higher turnover rate than Q. It's actually too perfect they have someone that aggresively bad at point guard.

EKU is also 6-11 against KenPom's 322nd toughest schedule.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 01-16-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Jones coming across somewhat unfazed about the situation during his post game interview... and not taking it upon himself as a senior leader who is disgusted with the team’s poor performance and fired up about getting things right.
    It would be nice if he channeled some of that passion and flexing and bravado he shows on the court to get this team going off of it.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.